Do you remove your Micro SD card?

Reaction score
I met up with some Phantom pilots today and was surprised to hear that they never remove their Micro SD card from their Phantom when downloading photos and video. They just connect the Phantom to their computer.

Myself, I have always removed the SD card and placed it into a USB reader, then into my computer (see photo).

What do others on this forum do?

Attachments

• 1456077691501.jpg
    1456077691501.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 465
I take my micro card out and put it in the adaptor after every flight. Stick them in the same coat pocket every time. The adaptor and battery then come into the house with me. The battery gets charged. The SD card goes into the computer to look at the days flight.

The rucksack stays locked up and out of sight in the car. Next time I go flying I just reverse the procedure. Much easier than lugging the whole thing around. The heli can stay in its comfy rucksack with the controller etc.

Reactions: CaptainDrone798
Nope. I leave mine in place.
I just delete the files after I download them to my computer.
Yes it is slower but I am not in such a hurry that I need to take the Pictures/Video off the card that fast.

Thats ok if your not packing your copter away. But I drive off to my flying spots. So I unpack. Put in the charged battery and cleared SD card. Put it together and fly.

If I did it through the copter id have to finish flying. Pack it all away. Carry the lot into the house. Unpack it. Find somewhere to stand the copter. Upload files to computer. Pack it all away again. Go back out to the car to put the rucksack in. Its sods law the next time I go out id forget to pack it in the car. :) No, for me anyway, its much easier just to remove the SD card and battery and take just those two unbulky items into the house.

I replace the card out at the end of each flight. Avoid loosing footage from earlier flights if i have a crash where the card cant be recovered. SD card reader for transferring.

I replace the card out at the end of each flight. Avoid loosing footage from earlier flights if i have a crash where the card cant be recovered. SD card reader for transferring.
+1 for that. I also give each of my recordings a unique number too. For example if I had take some footage today it would be 210216H. The number is obvious and the H stands for Hills. C for footage on Common. A=Automobiles etc etc. So I know exactly when the footage was taken and briefly whats on it.

+1 for that. I also give each of my recordings a unique number too. For example if I had take some footage today it would be 210216H. The number is obvious and the H stands for Hills. C for footage on Common. A=Automobiles etc etc. So I know exactly when the footage was taken and briefly whats on it.

Hmmm.... I like that. Thanks!

Reactions: Frankc
I met up with some Phantom pilots today and was surprised to hear that they never remove their Micro SD card from their Phantom when downloading photos and video. They just connect the Phantom to their computer.

Myself, I have always removed the SD card and placed it into a USB reader, then into my computer (see photo).

What do others on this forum do?
I do the same as you. Didn't like the phantom sitting on the table or the couch.

I plug my P3P right into my desk top or lap top with a USB cable. I download the pictures, video, srt files and then delete them from the bird once everything is transferred. I worry about damaging the card contacts being pushed in and taken out all the time.

Reactions: mcphipps
I plug my P3P right into my desk top or lap top with a USB cable. I download the pictures, video, srt files and then delete them from the bird once everything is transferred. I worry about damaging the card contacts being pushed in and taken out all the time.

Same here.

The cards are designed to be removed. They will last years and can handle being taken out and put in again. But it's just preference.

UK

Ahh but on the micro card they are only half as heavy, bet you did not think of that.
I don't know.....you got to figure that the 1's are much slimmer than the 0's.
I would think that them fat 0's would weigh more...LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl