Do you fly your older phantoms?

I still fly a P1, P2 and P2V+, as well as a P3. In some ways, I think the P1 is the most fun to fly. Attach a GoPro Hero4 Black to it, record in 4K mode, and you've got a bonanza of 8MP still you call pull from the video.

Reactions: Flyboy
I have two P1. One setup with strobe plus color lights and fly at night. Great fun with lights. The other, I rigged a box with a parachute drop and fly at our local RC flying field.

I still have my P2V+ and flew it the other day at the ocean when I finished all my P3 batteries. It was interesting - I was so used to the P3 it was a little weird how much it moves around in the air. But not bad. But then when I looked at the footage...not so great. I prefer the P3 by a large margin.

My P2Vision Plus has the H33D and Gopro3+ and is over a year old. It has been perfectly modded and does 800m fpv. She is my backup rig as we know what happens when you break DJI camera and gimbal.
I don't want to sell her because she has taught me so much and probably get nothing back.
I rather baby her then let some else introduce her to some trees.

Its something I don't understand... some car enthusiast modify their cars to perfection and then immediately sell to start a new project...

I haven't used my Vision since I got my P3. I know I should sell it, but cant bring myself to get rid of it. We've been through so much :)

I use my P2V3s for extreme long range GS flights. Just added a Trackimo.
I use the Trakimo also. I have sooo much invested in my p2 I can not see taking the hit on selling it. I fly both but of course the P3 has more time in the air then the P2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morphious
I use the P1 to allow other folks to experience flying before buying (or not). I continued using the P2 NV when I only had one P3 battery.

Battery cable in P1 getting frayed and batteries need to be condemned and recycled. So P1 headed to a display shelf. Just wish I had three axis gimbal on P2NV, would use it more. Using Black Pearl monitor better brightness than iPad on P3.

P3 is rock steady in the air.

I use the Trakimo also. I sooo much invested in the my p2 I can not see taking the hit on selling it. I fly both but of course the P3 has more time in the air then the P2.

I like it, I will launch P2, go back into the house and watch the Trackimo track on TV, when it is about home I go back outside to catch it.

Lately my fc40 and the last p2v that I have just seem to collect dust sence getting the p3
I considered selling them cept they are now pretty much not worth any thing now that the p3s are out.
So im still going to hang on to them rather then practically give them away to some one if I sold them now.

Tho I did pull them out a few months ago when My gf wanted to learn how to fly them. Which was a great idea cause it happened when I was sort of getting stink eye after telling her I was thinking of getting a p3. lol lol with in a few hours She went from "do you really need another drone?" to "when are you getting the p3 ha? ha? ha? ha? ha?" ;-)

Yep...but a little more adventurous with it now..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I still fly very often my P2 with lightbridge system.With helical antennas and without amplifiers i can go 5KM distance with it.

Just sold my p2v+ after I said I wouldn't... But as much as I waited to fly it, it just didn't fly like my p3...it was time before I got nothing for it.

I fly a FPV racing quad more than anything else, the P3 is for video or pics, I have a P1 I bought just to get use to the P3 (while I was waiting on P3, got the P1 for $300), I really like to fly everything, the racing quad is reallly more fun, no GPS and you have to really fly it

I fly a FPV racing quad more than anything else, the P3 is for video or pics, I have a P1 I bought just to get use to the P3 (while I was waiting on P3, got the P1 for $300), I really like to fly everything, the racing quad is reallly more fun, no GPS and you have to really fly it
I would like to get into racing, what quad do you use?

Now that the new Mavic is out, I need to find a good use for my P3A. How about a leaf blower? Raking leaves has never been easier. Maybe if I had the Litchi app I good create a "Rake the Yard" mission.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Brent10
I have a P3p but started with p2v+ and had 3 of them, I still have one mint p2v+ that I take out every couple of weeks and an f450 with v+ parts.. I used the f450 to experiment with custom FPV equipment and also have a 180mm tweaker racer because of the f450.. I will honestly say(some may disagree) DJI never let me down and I am without a doubt hooked all thanks to DJI!![emoji106][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well, since this thread has been resurrected, I still have a FC40 and a Parrot AR2 along with some other quads that are just gathering dust. It's hard enough to find time for the P3P, let alone the less capable birds.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I still have the P2 Non-Vision that I started with back in July 2015. I had it on here for sale, but decided to keep it. I'm going to have my 9 year old son fly it... he's into quads and loves when I fly, and he's getting to be a pretty good pilot. Besides, I'd rather have an old P2 crash than my new P3P!! lol....

Oh, and not to mention a 500 home-built quad, and 2 racing quads (with one more build I just started...)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31