Do you fly your older phantoms?

Reaction score
I just got an fc40 and took it out last night and this morning. Boy it's weird to fly it after being so used to the p3. But none the less it was fun.

I can't really see myself using it for distance flights or video, but to play around and have worry free fun and teach my gf to fly it's great.

What about you guys? Do you still fly your old phantoms?

Attachments

• 1436888379913.jpg
    1436888379913.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 462
I sold my P2. I couldn't see using it anymore when the P3 is so much more advanced.

I have 3 P1s. Oldest is a little over a year. Got second one in Jan 2015 and third in June 2015. All fly well. Have never replaced a prop yet. They are simple and reliable if you do your part correctly. One has Fatshark fpv....one has Gopro and gimbal. ..third is bare right now. The newer ones are nice with all the features but so much more to learn and possibly ways to lose or
crash them. It just depends on what you need or want.

Reactions: Flyboy
I fly my P2 V+ still, but gravitate toward the P3 because of the awesome range.

When I purchased my P3 I had two P2's. After the first day of using my P3 I just couldn't go back. I had more money invested into my P2's, and got far less performance out of them. So I sold them off.

I still have the original Phantom .Two years old this month. I have never once crashed it or had a problem. Still has original props and have a spare set if I ever need them. I used some 9 inch carbon fiber props for a little while, but went back to the originals. I love taking this out because everything is so manual. It's a blast to fly! Sometimes I put my GoPro on it and sometimes not. If I ever lose LOS, I just kill the Controller and back she comes to her home point. Would not get rid of it for anything!!

Just bought a used P2v2 w/H4-3D from B&Has a 2nd camera unit (GP4 is better camera but not being able to control from ground has bothered me for awhile). I sold all my other P2 equipment other than the drone itself which is now listed on Amazon. Last time I flew it was last week before I shipped off the sold gimbal. Its still not a bad flying platform but I don't think I will use it for much but specific tasks.

I fly my P2 V+ still, but gravitate toward the P3 because of the awesome range.
Yeah finally hit 6k ft today (could have gone further but I was worried about return wind). Best I ever got on P2 was 1km and that was pushing FPV.

I haven't touched the P2 since getting the P3.
I did fly the P1 once - just for fun.

I will use both for some classes and demos I am going to give...then probably sell or give away to family.

I have a well setup P2 and I like the idea of keeping it. It's on the latest stable firmware that has no restrictions and I have a 3rd party gimbal that I can take on/off and use independently.

But I haven't been flying it... :( If I'm flying something else, it's usually my 250 fpv beast. I'm thinking of selling P2.

I still fly the heck outta my P2V+ But I don't love it as much my 3. And I think it knows it.

Usually it waits by the door for me when I come home but last night it was in the closet. With a bottle of whiskey. Poor thing.

Reactions: Brent10 and ScottyT
sold off my P2 and bought another P3P "Just in case" - And actually I have one P3P on the 1.1.9 and one on 1.2.6 - I prefer the 1.1.9 BTW just feels more solid to me.

I sold my P1 cause it felt like flying a dinosaur.

I sold my P2 and my P1 to get my P3... Best decision ever. Then I bought a Hubsan X4 to mess around with and let my friends fly. I fly the Hubsan about 20 times more than my P3 but thats cause I can fly it in my office and crash the hell out of it. I highly recommend getting a Hubsan for messing around.

I just got an fc40 and took it out last night and this morning. Boy it's weird to fly it after being so used to the p3. But none the less it was fun.

I can't really see myself using it for distance flights or video, but to play around and have worry free fun and teach my gf to fly it's great.

What about you guys? Do you still fly your old phantoms?
I have a P2 but I only fly it once in a while, the kids on the block enjoy seeing it fly. But the P3P, it's a FAR better craft which I will enjoy for some time!

I stripped off my P2 from camera, gimbal, R2008SB (futaba receiver) Tracker... and it's now very light and flying much longer.
I turned Manual mode On, and I have a lot of fun with it!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20