Do you color your props?

I flew the bird in the house to test it out first. Seemed ok at takeoff. I'll test out further. The black props don't take the paint as well as the white ones. Here's the next one I'm working on and the paint I used for the desert camo.
fb4a40012d2cb8bdd9de2b0babb78e47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
78da52ed13e7e3722eb11679ea8adf35.jpg

Ummm...... JUST my own thoughts here. I would NOT use any kind of brush on paint. For that matter, I would not use ANY paint, spray or brush on.

Especially in this case, that acrylic paint is VERY thick and heavy. It's adding weight to your props, probably in disproportionate amounts. Additionally, it's thick enough that it is also going to affect the uniform airflow over the lifting surface, destroying or altering the characteristics of each prop. JUST my two cents.

Reactions: Archangel3356
What an awesome idea. Very creative, looks fantastic! RocketBrew, I still like your orange too !!

I have seen in several threads where people got creative. Thought it would be nice to see what others are doing. There are so many very talented people on this board. My wife did these with alcohol ink.
Click on pic for full size.

View attachment 71597
Can you send the how to do that to me?? And thank you.
I have seen in several threads where people got creative. Thought it would be nice to see what others are doing. There are so many very talented people on this board. My wife did these with alcohol ink.

View attachment 71597
Hi can you share how to do that with me?? Thank you. I played around with some Sharpies on these. Lol

View attachment 71597

Attachments

• 20180601_014058.jpg
    20180601_014058.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 246

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members