DO NOT UPDATE iOS APP TO 1.0.31 - ITS CORRUPTED

Glad I kept reading up to this thread. I usually update my apps as soon as the marker shows up. It is now taunting me to update. Think I will wait. I would wait before you guys do something drastic. I would guess something as bad as you guys are telling, would be updated relatively fast.

But then again this is DJI.

So I'm told, this is the process:

Procedure: delete latest app from IOS device. Copy this to the iTunes app folder (click on another app in iTunes, select 'show in finder / explorer' to find that folder) and copy the older version there. Then sync or simply drag it to your device from the list of apps.

I'd think, worst case if it didn't work, delete and reinstall the current faulty app.. then wait for dji to fix it!

If anyone needs the older version of the ios app I can email it directly to you then you can share the love as well and email to others who need it as well before you know it we will have an army of emailers sending the working version of the app. Viva la revolution!

P.S. If you didn't sync your phone with your pc you may still have the older app already on your computer.

I Just recovered my previous version from "Time Machine" on my mac. PC users should be able to "restore previous versions" using volume shadow copies on windows 7, on windows 8 you can restore with "file history"
The .ipa should be easy to find in your itunes folder under mobile applications.

PS I believe sharing your ipa with others will not work, as the app will require the original owners credentials to run, even though it's free.

Studiowise said:
Didn't see this posted yet so thought if give you a heads up that the latest release of the iOS app (1.0.31) is broken and will screw up the graphics of your app (and has caused crashes for others)

Hmmm...some time ago, a chap with your same username was going on about how users should always upgrade to the latest and greatest that dji super engineers have to offer, and to not do so was fool-hearty. :oops:

Now, perhaps you get my point of view. It is ok to not always be the guinea pig! ;)

Cheers!

Using an application downloaded by another iTunes user account won't transfer…. for those that don't have a back up, like me, we will need to wait on DJI.

Im i mobile app developer and i can take a really good guess at alot of these issues but i wont bore eveything with my technical jargin... Its Obvious that they did not do any amount of testing on a device with IOS7...

what i will say is in software development, no one remembers that you didnt deliver on time, what they remember is if you release a crappy product. I would rather wait alittle longer for a testing updates than get rushed software that doesnt work!

Dave Pitman said:
Studiowise said:
Didn't see this posted yet so thought if give you a heads up that the latest release of the iOS app (1.0.31) is broken and will screw up the graphics of your app (and has caused crashes for others)

Hmmm...some time ago, a chap with your same username was going on about how users should always upgrade to the latest and greatest that dji super engineers have to offer, and to not do so was fool-hearty. :oops:

Now, perhaps you get my point of view. It is ok to not always be the guinea pig! ;)

Cheers!

Are you stalking me? You are right it IS the same username. Have you been sat in a cupboard somewhere, stewing, just waiting to leap out as soon as I post something useful for others? Aha! GOT HIM, CONTRADICTION.
1-0 to you, useful post, well done :)

Gents, have been flyin with the update in high winds all week..nothing adverse to report..same as before, using nexus 7 tablet..

chidago said:
Gents, have been flyin with the update in high winds all week..nothing adverse to report..same as before, using nexus 7 tablet..

We're discussing an IOS update that came out yesterday/today. This has nothing to do with an android update...

-slinger

Studiowise said:
Are you stalking me? You are right it IS the same username. Have you been sat in a cupboard somewhere, stewing, just waiting to leap out as soon as I post something useful for others? Aha! GOT HIM, CONTRADICTION.

Haha, no! But I do remember when you so strongly disagreed with the idea of letting the "latest" update prove itself before jumping on board, that your "contradiction" did strike me as amusing.

Lighten up, and maybe be a little more open minded next time, that's all. :)

Your warning is useful. It was also useful when I mentioned it is not always wise to be the early adopter of new firmware and app updates!

Dave Pitman said:
Studiowise said:

Haha, no! But I do remember when you so strongly disagreed with the idea of letting the "latest" update prove itself before jumping on board, that your "contradiction" did strike me as amusing.

Lighten up, and maybe be a little more open minded next time, that's all. :)

Your warning is useful. It was also useful when I mentioned it is not always wise to be the early adopter of new firmware and app updates!

I don't want to flog a dead horse .... BUT!

I stand by everything I've previously posted. For others reading this (who don't stalk my every move) if a device weighing several kilograms that hurtles through the air at many miles per hour, costs £850 to replace and has an inherent firmware flaw that the suppliers advice updating (mostly through rumour / leaks and forum gossip) , then I still advise implementing THAT update ASAP.
If my app won't work properly then I'm unlikely to hurt me, someone else or suffer a financial loss due to the device falling out of the sky due to battery 'failure'. I've rolled my app back and away we go.

Edited to add: my creation of the original post that started this thread actually backs up my attitude in relation to updates etc.
DJI have obviously rushed out this minor iOS update before fulling understanding all the consequences and will no doubt be urgently looking to release an update to fix it. In my opinion, they also rushed out the Vision to get it out in time for the Xmas market and didn't fully test their firmware in relation to it checking its a ligit battery and supplying in-flight data to the various control systems. They released an update for it and I advised updating and that it was irresponsible to not do so from a purely from a safety point of view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers