Do not be in a Hurry to buy the Mavic

Because the device holder is at the bottom of the RC, I can only imagine that the all important device screen, which needs to be tapped to focus the camera, is going to be at such an angle, the sun is going to be a major problem. I'm sure you are seeing those device mounts being attached to the Mavic Pro's RC, allowing for a sunshade to be attached. I just don't see how one can be mounted as it is currently designed.
Thanks for posting that video, which shows that the 200 mm-wide iPad Mini will fit, even though DJI's specs for the remote control say that 160 mm is the maximum. That means I could use my Nexus 7 II, which is the same width as the iPad Mini. This makes my eventual purchase of a Mavic more likely. :)

I'm not sure what you're saying about the device screen angle, unless you're saying that you don't like the device screen to be parallel to the face of the RC. I like the way that the set-up allows you to use the edges of your device as handles to hold the RC.

Certainly you guys know that some enterprising young droner with a 3-D printer will, or already has, designed some sort of adapter that will allow convenient attachment of virtually all mobile devices to a Mavic controller.....

Yesterday morning I pre-ordered a Mavic from B&H. Within hours, got an email from DJI about the Phantom 4 Pro. That 20 megapixel camera with much larger sensor caused me to cancel my Mavic order. I didn't pre-order a Phantom 4 Pro but it's only a matter of time.

The new Inspire 2 looks and sounds GREAT, but I fly for fun, not for profit, and spending 4 times as much for the Inspire 2 as for the Phantom 4 Pro is tempting but not exactly sensible. 67 mph, though, for the Inspire 2.... dang that would be fun! Since I can't rationalize spending more on an Inspire 2 than I spent on my well-used but so far very reliable car, maybe I'll have to buy a more expensive car first! :)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4