P3 Firmware Do I need to upgrade

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a P3s, I bought it and immediately joined this forum, which was July 16. However due to family problems and life in general getting in the way I have only just started flying. Its great and I can see the pleasure of flying. My question is, the app says I need to upgrade my firmware. It is a 3s, life in Quads has moved on, so my question is this, should I update or leave as is.

Research before you hit the button. I don’t have any of the p3 series, so I can’t be certain on your aircraft, but do some looking. Some can be reversed or downgraded and some can not.
Good luck and be safe.

This is a personal risk decision. upgrades are mostly done to fix relatively obscure problems, and sometimes adding new features. The obscurity of the problems fixed may never bite you, so it may be a non-issue. On the other hand, you could encounter it while flying over water.

To balance this, the DJI upgrade process has not been completely reliable.

This is a personal risk decision. upgrades are mostly done to fix relatively obscure problems, and sometimes adding new features. The obscurity of the problems fixed may never bite you, so it may be a non-issue. On the other hand, you could encounter it while flying over water.

To balance this, the DJI upgrade process has not been completely reliable.

Yep, I agree.

For example, the firmware I currently use is 1.5.07. The next upgrade is 1.6.08 for the Standard. This upgrade fixes a few bugs, but also adds the DJI GeoFencing garbage which is unreliable at times.

I'd much rather use KittyHawk for my go-to source for flight limitations and LAANC permissions. It is updated regularly and is very user friendly so far.

Many have upgraded firmware with no issues. My experience with 1.6.08 was so bad that I downgraded back to 1.5.07 and haven't updated since. That was about three years ago.

In my experience I dont do any upgrades since so many people have issues with range and other stuff I don't see how upgrades benefit me if they mess up my machine wouldn't it be more of a downgrade lol ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4