P3 Firmware Do i need litchie for firmware mods to work?

Reaction score
So after modding my firmware i get this on the sd card "
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

So did it update or didn't it? It is just the same when i fly with DJI GO but maybe i need litchie? (I don't own and can't afford litchie if you are wondering why i don't just try with it.)

So after modding my firmware i get this on the sd card "
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

So did it update or didn't it? It is just the same when i fly with DJI GO but maybe i need litchie? (I don't own and can't afford litchie if you are wondering why i don't just try with it.)
Looks like it updated to me.

Reactions: Capt KO
But it has 2 different parts and the one says success and the other one says aborted how do you know which one too believe
The first says successful,the second says failed but also the firmware is the same as or older than the firmware you were installing. To be sure, power it up and see what version the app says is installed on it.

The first says successful,the second says failed but also the firmware is the same as or older than the firmware you were installing. To be sure, power it up and see what version the app says is installed on it.
I modded th same version it had so it shouldn't have changed the version. I think I looked right after I modded and it was the same and it should be weather or not I modded I think? Isn't it the firmware you are updating to that tells it to update the FW version in the app? hence since I modded the same version it already had the version should have stayed the same. I will try and check again later today.

I modded th same version it had so it shouldn't have changed the version. I think I looked right after I modded and it was the same and it should be weather or not I modded I think? Isn't it the firmware you are updating to that tells it to update the FW version in the app? hence since I modded the same version it already had the version should have stayed the same. I will try and check again later today.
In the app, does the firmware version show a + after it?

What mods did you specifically attempt to do?
I tried too remove nfz's and height and no I didn't do it so I could fly illegally, I just don't want DJI having control over what I do with my drone. I tested it by changing my max altitude down cuz it's not supposed to matter what that is set at if it's modded how I did it.

Reactions: Cadbob
No worries, I’m not here to judge anyone. So, did it successfully do away with the nfz and height restrictions?
No but I saw someone else I can't remember where say something about dji go can still enforce them possibly? So maybe I just need litchie? Or maybe it just didn't actually update. Maybe I just need to try modding it again and if it still doesn't work I guess I just wait till i can get litchie.

You just need to go to a site that you can test if the mod worked or not. Go to a site where you can safely test the height ...... go to 400 ft, then see if you can go higher. Go to a known NFZ and see if you can take off. If the answer to both is yes .... then the mod worked. Then ignore future upgrade requests.

Reactions: brigerdrones
No but I saw someone else I can't remember where say something about dji go can still enforce them possibly? So maybe I just need litchie? Or maybe it just didn't actually update. Maybe I just need to try modding it again and if it still doesn't work I guess I just wait till i can get litchie.
You just need to go to a site that you can test if the mod worked or not. Go to a site where you can safely test the height ...... go to 400 ft, then see if you can go higher. Go to a known NFZ and see if you can take off. If the answer to both is yes .... then the mod worked. Then ignore future upgrade requests.
I just lowered my max height to test.

Reactions: REL

That is a big negative. The firmware you tried to update with was not a newer version than the one installed on the machine. Hence, the abort result. If the aircraft is operable with the GO app you are going to have the same experience with the Litchi app. Both have their uses. Neither work together.

Why would you knowingly violate an NFZ or altitude restriction? That has got to be the worst advice I have seen yet. I don't care if you are flying under rec rules....there is no excuse for that at all.

Why would you knowingly violate an NFZ or altitude restriction? That has got to be the worst advice I have seen yet. I don't care if you are flying under rec rules....there is no excuse for that at all.
You are seeing black because that is what you are obviously focused on ..... when 99.9% of the picture here is white. (1) If you are able to start your motors and do a simple takeoff to maybe 6 feet in height in NFZ .....then the NFZ has been reduced or eliminated by the modded FW (as the motors on my P3P won't even arm in a NFZ). I'm not suggesting you fly there ..... just confirm the OP's question. (2) If you take your drone to a remote area and fly it up to a legitimate 400 foot height ...... if you... then ....for a few seconds are able to fly higher say to 425 feet and quickly back down (maybe for 30 seconds max to do this) then you know the modded FW has been successful in modifying the height limit. This IMHO is a reasonably safe test .... and answers the OP's original question. Again ..... I'm not suggesting you blast around at 600 feet .... just to confirm you could if you wanted to. My car will go 100 MPH, but I'm not going to drive it that fast !

The height limit in unmodded firmware on the DJI app is 500 meters,,,, 1642 feet. So going to 600 feet isn’t going to tell OP that the modded firmware was successful.

The height limit in unmodded firmware on the DJI app is 500 meters,,,, 1642 feet. So going to 600 feet isn’t going to tell OP that the modded firmware was successful.
Thanks for that clarification. So, if the OP had V01.07.0060 FW as a starting point ... he had a 1642 feet height threshold to begin with .....then his modded FW would only open that further. That being the case ..... I would not have suggested he go that high for his test. (Suggest the OP also thought 400 feet was the height limit when he chose to install the modded FW).

Last edited:
Reactions: KachemakDiver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers