Do I need a parabolic extender on my p4p+ remote to gain range in woodsy/signally places?

Do I need a range extender on the phantom 4 pro plus remote to add range in woodsy/signaly pls

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have a DJI phantom 4 pro plus, and when I bought it I got one of those parabolic range extenders so I was wondering, do I need the parabolic range extender, and does it work for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus remote controller. If it does than I would surely use it when I’m in areas with a lot of trees and or in the city where there is many WiFi and other signals interfering with the remotes signal

Light wavs, sound waves, microwaves, and RADIOWAVES do not usually bend to go around any physical objects, including trees, rocks, Department of Motor Vehicle buildings (or ANY kind of buildings), forests, or the natural curvature of the earth if one is a distance whore. Finding ANY of these things between your RC and your AC will usually result in a disconnection.

I have a DJI phantom 4 pro plus, and when I bought it I got one of those parabolic range extenders so I was wondering, do I need the parabolic range extender, and does it work for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus remote controller. If it does than I would surely use it when I’m in areas with a lot of trees and or in the city where there is many WiFi and other signals interfering with the remotes signal
The reflector will focus/increase your RF in the direction it is pointed. It will help in almost any scenario, provided you keep the reflector (foil side) properly oriented towards the UAV.

Reactions: Kenley101
A wooded area is the worse place in the world to be!!! The Frequency's we use are ultra high....most bushes and tree branches are about the same length or Wave Length of what we use....Bad Idea unless you are super close are a range extender and it needs to be Both ways not just to the Bird....Good Luck

Reactions: Kenley101
I never fly without one. Well, almost never. Just be careful when your bird is high overhead.

It's good practice to always use a windsurfer, unless you're too lazy to face the craft. :p Windsurfers not only focus more signal going out to the craft, and capturing more signal coming back from the craft, but it also shields against radio interference coming from behind you. Windsurfers are of great value, and they are inexpensive.

Trees contain lots of water, nothing interferes with signal better than water. Think of trees as a barrier of water or simply the same as a mountain. You must plan each flight to optimize your LOS connection with nothing between you and the craft, period. You must never forget to insure there is clear LOS emptiness between you and the craft. If you forget this, and something gets between you and craft, it increases your risk for trouble.

A wooded area is the worse place in the world to be!!! The Frequency's we use are ultra high....most bushes and tree branches are about the same length or Wave Length of what we use....Bad Idea unless you are super close are a range extender and it needs to be Both ways not just to the Bird....Good Luck
A high gain antenna on either end of the link will increase performance.

Do you have a photo of a high gain antenna on a Phantom 4 craft, as implied? I'm very curious.
Why might you expect me to John? My response to the suggestion AC and RC both need mods was that it isn’t necessary- ie to increase the gain of the antennas at the RC end only will increase range and performance of the link without any AC side modification.

Why might you expect me to John? My response to the suggestion AC and RC both need mods was that it isn’t necessary- ie to increase the gain of the antennas at the RC end only will increase range and performance of the link without any AC side modification.
OK, you don't have a photo, that's all I wanted to know. Thanks.

It's good practice to always use a windsurfer, unless you're too lazy to face the craft. :p Windsurfers not only focus more signal going out to the craft, and capturing more signal coming back from the craft, but it also shields against radio interference coming from behind you. Windsurfers are of great value, and they are inexpensive.

Trees contain lots of water, nothing interferes with signal better than water. Think of trees as a barrier of water or simply the same as a mountain. You must plan each flight to optimize your LOS connection with nothing between you and the craft, period. You must never forget to insure there is clear LOS emptiness between you and the craft. If you forget this, and something gets between you and craft, it increases your risk for trouble.
Thankyou very much.

Thankyou very much.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik