Do I buy P4 or P4+?

Reaction score
I have a P3P which I love flying and am going to keep. But looking to upgrade to P4. Do I buy the P4+ or P4 pro and wait for DJI's CrystalSky to be released...appreciate enlightenment and any thoughts on my dilemma?

From my experience with repairing crashed drones I would say a P4+. The p4 only detects objects when going forward. Often pilots fly backwards. If you back into a tree it's over....

I own the P4P+ and if I had it to do over again I would have bought the P4P. Though the + comes with HDMI which I use with my goggles

There are about a dozen threads on this already so a search will yield you a lot of info.

That can be a long drawn out topic..

If I bought pro could I fit an HDMI module, but also DJI's Crystalsky looks better than the pro+ screen.

If I bought pro could I fit an HDMI module, but also DJI's Crystalsky looks better than the pro+ screen.
Crystalsky will have a built in HDMI similar to the NVIDIA Shield. Have really seen any comparisons to the Pro+ screen yet, because Crystalsky has not been released.

Then probably be prudent to wait and see. But appreciate all your replies.

Do I buy the P4+ or P4 pro
I'm assuming you mean the P4P or P4P+. If you think you'll ever want to change the display or install 3rd party apps, then definitely go with the P4P instead. Here's a good overview of the drawbacks/benefits of the P4P+'s remote controller:

now that you mention goggles, what kind and how do they work?
They connect view the HDMI output on the remote controller. If you have the P4P remote controller, you'll need to install the HDMI output module. You can find a list of commonly used FPV goggles here.

They connect view the HDMI output on the remote controller. If you have the P4P remote controller, you'll need to install the HDMI output module. You can find a list of commonly used FPV goggles here.
How would I connect a Crystalsky screen to the P4P once DJI release it?

How would I connect a Crystalsky screen to the P4P once DJI release it?
You would remove the remote controller mount and attach the monitor.

seems pretty silly to do that though.
You could purchase an OLED phone or tablet with a super sharp screen and not worry about wifi hotspotting etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel