Do all phantom 4 pro + have bugs??

Reaction score
So my question is if all p4p+ have bugs, because i bought one 3 days ago and I will have to return it tomorrow because after the update my AC woont connect to my RC no matter what i tried, I have been on it for 2 days now trying all sorts of stuff to get it running again, but no success, also before the update my phantom could not get farther than 412 meters from me than the signal would get lost and RTH would activate, and yes I flied it in a remote location, no hills, no trees, just open field, when i flew it in congested area the signal would be strong for 200 meters and then the picture would start to crash and i kept getting low signal warning... so should i request for a standard P4P, because I need my drone for surveillance and i need at least 1,5 km of signal for this, do you think P4P can manage that?

So my question is if all p4p+ have bugs, because i bought one 3 days ago and I will have to return it tomorrow because after the update my AC woont connect to my RC no matter what i tried, I have been on it for 2 days now trying all sorts of stuff to get it running again, but no success, also before the update my phantom could not get farther than 412 meters from me than the signal would get lost and RTH would activate, and yes I flied it in a remote location, no hills, no trees, just open field, when i flew it in congested area the signal would be strong for 200 meters and then the picture would start to crash and i kept getting low signal warning... so should i request for a standard P4P, because I need my drone for surveillance and i need at least 1,5 km of signal for this, do you think P4P can manage that?
i wish i could help D but im computerly challenged. I bought my plus from a company that has been very helpful on the complicated stuff. i can tell you that ive been 2200-2400 feet and thru several pine trees, i loose signal ( video quits) and in about 5-10 seconds, it returns to home.

i suppose you have updated both controler and bird?

if you havent already tried this, type "connect" in search under phantom 4 discussion, lots of folks have had that problem.

Last edited:
i wish i could help D but im computerly challenged. I bought my plus from a company that has been very helpful on the complicated stuff. i can tell you that ive been 2200-2400 feet and thru several pine trees, i loose signal ( video quits) and in about 5-10 seconds, it returns to home.

mate I tried everything possible to relink them, but no luck, i have read tons of techniques and non of them worked, as for the signal i have read that is a common problem with P4p+ and people usually return them

nah i just read that people got their drones limited to a certain distance and height, did you update yours, if so is there any difference?

This 'issue' was only when you took the update to the DJIGO app which I believe the P4+ does not use and it was made clear to you that you had to login to your DJI account (once) to remove the restriction. :)

This 'issue' was only when you took the update to the DJIGO app which I believe the P4+ does not use and it was made clear to you that you had to login to your DJI account (once) to remove the restriction. :)

ok, i cant check that since my ac and rc are not linked and i cant get them to link , been trying since friday evening

ok, i cant check that since my ac and rc are not linked and i cant get them to link , been trying since friday evening

I don't own a P4 , I have a P3 I don't think this is your problem, I was replying to discount a post from another member that the range issues were the result of an upgrade to the APP. :)

The P4pro+ has its own screen and app.

My p4p+ is working perfect after complete the update.The fisrt time i do it the wrong way, do the ac first without the rc, camera dont work.i try a lot but nothing fix it until the RC was upgraded via wifi. This is my second firmware update and both work perfect.Any problem with my bird.excuse my English, it's not my natural language.

Have you tried doing a factory reset of the remote and then linking it to the AC?

I tried factory reset and still nothing, the AC is not even responding when i press the link button, the button keeps flashing orange, which is strange because in the linking videos the link button glows red and the green... I tried everything mates, from deleting the cache, formatting, updating the ac and then the rc and every time its the same story, the AC and RC just dont want to connect.. im taking it back tomorrow if i dont find a way to get them linked tonight..

I tried factory reset and still nothing, the AC is not even responding when i press the link button, the button keeps flashing orange, which is strange because in the linking videos the link button glows red and the green... I tried everything mates, from deleting the cache, formatting, updating the ac and then the rc and every time its the same story, the AC and RC just dont want to connect.. im taking it back tomorrow if i dont find a way to get them linked tonight..
if you have to take it back, i would pay an extra $100.00 to buy from someone with a good knoledge of dji and is willing to help.
however your post sounds like you are much more computer savy than me.
im traveling 2 hrs tuesday to a beginer Mac course!!

Where are you located? Europe?
If you get another craft, and you're in the USA using FCC specs, not CE, fly the craft on 5.8Ghz band on AUTO, not 2.4Ghz. 5.8 AUTO is the best performance, against common practice and expectations. You can augment your range with a windsurfer, this helps a lot. Also, consider getting a P4P, not the plus. You will be shackled to an Android system using the + model with no flexibility to run other apps. That flexibility is worth way more than a slightly brighter screen IMO.

When you get a new P4P it's important to validate the craft asap, to insure you have a good one. DJI doesn't test these drones before they box them, evident in their high return rate. Here are some tips on what to look for when you get the next craft.

DJI makes great drones, however their outgoing quality lacks greatly. And the more complex they get, the harder it is to provide reasonable quality. If you get a good one, you'll be happy.

The android display in the P4P+ make things even more complex for DJI, as making Android computers is not their core competency. They obviously don't have the software talent to be reasonably Android compliant to run other applications, hence their inability to run Litchi, Autopilot, DroneDeploy, etc.

Where are you located? Europe?
If you get another craft, and you're in the USA using FCC specs, not CE, fly the craft on 5.8Ghz band on AUTO, not 2.4Ghz. 5.8 AUTO is the best performance, against common practice and expectations. You can augment your range with a windsurfer, this helps a lot. Also, consider getting a P4P, not the plus. You will be shackled to an Android system using the + model with no flexibility to run other apps. That flexibility is worth way more than a slightly brighter screen IMO.

When you get a new P4P it's important to validate the craft asap, to insure you have a good one. DJI doesn't test these drones before they box them, evident in their high return rate. Here are some tips on what to look for when you get the next craft.

DJI makes great drones, however their outgoing quality lacks greatly. And the more complex they get, the harder it is to provide reasonable quality. If you get a good one, you'll be happy.

The android display in the P4P+ make things even more complex for DJI, as making Android computers is not their core competency. They obviously don't have the software talent to be reasonably Android compliant to run other applications, hence their inability to run Litchi, Autopilot, DroneDeploy, etc.

Ye, im from europe, so I sent my phantom to our dji service and the forwarded it to Holland dji, now i have to wait for a replacement for 2 weeks! Or there is an option where i can get a P4P tomorrow from the dealer, the only thing is, I dont know what to do now...i kinda need that hdmi out on the controler also I would have to buy an ipad for the screen... man I seriusly dont know what to do, should i just wait out these 2 week, seems kinda long time to be without my bird, also im leaving for a vacation on 17.8...

Ye, im from europe, so I sent my phantom to our dji service and the forwarded it to Holland dji, now i have to wait for a replacement for 2 weeks! Or there is an option where i can get a P4P tomorrow from the dealer, the only thing is, I dont know what to do now...i kinda need that hdmi out on the controler also I would have to buy an ipad for the screen... man I seriusly dont know what to do, should i just wait out these 2 week, seems kinda long time to be without my bird, also im leaving for a vacation on 17.8...
I recommend taking the option for the P4P. I think the limitations that come with the P4P+ are not worth the extra brightness in such a small screen. Android OS is not DJIs core competency, I wouldn't go there if you don't have to. Get the iPad air 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl