DMV, DC / Maryland / Virginia

Does anyone know why there is a different in NFZ between the dji go map and the website map?
9f5831759552386200ac0b4091d8af91.jpg
774a7a7b2c6b19a7064db06fe05899fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are a number of maps. Some apply to P2s and some apply to P3s and above.

In your post, it appears the top map applies to P3s since the 15 mile radius is lower. That would be centered with Reagan National Airport.

The bottom map seems to have a higher (more northward) NFZ, so it appears to be centered with the White House which is north of the airport. That would apply to P2 aircrafts, the way I understand it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: nickyquan
Who knows open area ? I hope to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There's Beaverdam Reservoir in Ashburn.

I flew over Beaverdam last week , very nice place to fly drone if you feel comfortable to fly over water :) also , personel is very friendly and very few visitors.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: tacoman1423
I fly in the columbia, Md area. If you live there let me know where your fly. I fly in a big field around a open business park. Large open field, good for practice. I will eventually have to go elsewhere due to Bordem.

I'm in North Laurel-HC. What business park in Columbia? I'm looking for new places to fly.

I fly Lake Elkhorn and other parks in the area. I'm surprised I've never run into you lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I'm in North Laurel-HC side. Any issues flying in those parks? Looking for new places to fly.

Hello everyone! I just order a DJI inspire one and I need to learn a bit before I fly it.
Anyone interested in meeting up? I'm located in Germantown MD.

You can see some of my none drone work bellow.

Thanks!

Hello everyone! I just order a DJI inspire one and I need to learn a bit before I fly it.
Anyone interested in meeting up? I'm located in Germantown MD.

You can see some of my none drone work bellow.

Thanks!

Great footage, and some great locations. I could possibly assist you though my schedule is currently very hectic.

Thanks fizzlefish!

Let me know when you get some free time and we can meet up.
Also, do you know a good location where I can do my first flight?

Great footage, and some great locations. I could possibly assist you though my schedule is currently very hectic.

Mark,

The kit I ordered comes with 3 batteries!
I need to get some micro sd memory card but I don't know how much full 4K footage I can record.
It seems that 3 batteries will give me about 50 minute flight and I will need to record about 20 minutes of footage.

Maybe the 16gb of memory comes with the inspire is enough for me!

Thanks!

Sounds good.

You might order an extra battery...

Sounds good to me! Sunday Aug 7 would probably be a little better for me because I might have to work Saturday, but Saturday might work too. I would think morning would be best - it would be cooler. Where? There is a recreation center near here that might work but it's kinda small. It's called Longwood Rec Center. It's right on Georgia Ave, Rt 97 so it's possible the police might come by and say hello. You know? Re Burtonsville, what about the fairgrounds area there off Rt 198 near Spencerville where they shoot off the fireworks? Would that be better? I'm just throwing ideas out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers