Dlog settings

Reaction score
It's been awhile since anyone has talked about dlog experience and settings on the P4.

I'm shooting morning shots where I occasionally drop between rows of trees and others shots a few hundred feet over water in the same mission (Litchi).

I'm using auto and dlog. I've put an nd8 filter on that causes the camera the fluctuate between ISO 200 and 100 and shutter speed of 50 and 25.

My first experience was not a good result. The trees looked blurry/blotchy. Perhaps my nd8 filter was too strong? I've flown this mission before with vivid and the result was clear but, as what vivid does, too colorful.

Later in the day I flew a different area with better light and the ISO stayed at 100 and shutter between 100 and 50. This resulted in a good dlog file that was beautifully adjusted in post editing.

Any tips on the morning settings? I've not adjusted the default settings and am at 0,0,0. Perhaps the nd8 was too strong and I should've used an nd4? Tips appreciated!

Last edited:
I usually don't use any fliers in the morning and evening.

Do not use auto. If You record 24 FPS the shutter should be 48 or 50. To achieve it filters are must. For me SANDMARC ones are one of the best. On DLOG the ISO is fixed on 500. Personally on my P4P I use sharpness, saturation and contrast on -3, -3, -3. Then DAVINCI RESOLVE does the rest.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr