DJI's update on Drone to Phone (Remote ID App)

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Please please make your voice heard. If you’ve done it once, do it again. I’ll send a comment every month until the end of this. Gives me a chance to update my previous comments as more information gets out. Let FAA know how you feel (in proper language) before the unthinkable........

Wheew, need a beer, gotta be 5 somewhere .

Reactions: skymonkey
Primarily the encroachment on the hobby. If I'm flying professionally I don't mind as much but if I'm just out for fun or showing my grandkids what a done can do I'm not comfortable with any winer or local self-proclaimed drone cop able to whip out cellphone and track me down to explain that I'm spying on them, that my drone is the spawn of Satan and that they know all the laws and I'm in violation of all of them. I know the video is a proof of concept and that all these features may not be implemented but...

Primarily the encroachment on the hobby. If I'm flying professionally I don't mind as much but if I'm just out for fun or showing my grandkids what a done can do I'm not comfortable with any winer or local self-proclaimed drone cop able to whip out cellphone and track me down to explain that I'm spying on them, that my drone is the spawn of Satan and that they know all the laws and I'm in violation of all of them. I know the video is a proof of concept and that all these features may not be implemented but...
I hope you have told the FAA the same things that you have mentioned here. There’s still time.

Reactions: xspwhite
I hope you have told the FAA the same things that you have mentioned here. There’s still time.
My main complaint is with the DJI app but I am composing my FAA comments. I want to make sure any comment is fact based and has logical recommendations. Emotional dribble will not help our community and will be ignored if not have the opposite effect on the FAA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20