DJI's dirty little secret? Vision video quality

Have you changed video quality in the camera settings?

If that is really a 14MP sensor, a bit of software tweeking ought to bring it up to par. not in the camera, rather in post processing on a desktop or laptop.

k

Tyrohne said:
The only reason I can think of for the really low Vision data rate is that it has been throttled due to streaming/viewing reasons for the FPV features.

Sounds legit.

Agree with jsg that it would be nice if the vision camera software wasn't compressing the video data so much. If it's out of necessity because of the streaming to the smartphone app, then why does the camera already have the option to send much lower video stream resolutions to the smartphone app? Maybe it's because they figured 11mb/s is enough for this target market and they didn't want the users to have to transfer such large files to their phone for permanent storage if indeed they were using that feature?? Not sure, but my hope is that they endeavor to offer more flexibility to the user if in fact it's possible. It may be that the hardware itself (the chip that processes the video) just isn't capable of encoding more than 11mb/s and thus we are stuck with it. I'm hoping for the former :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl