djis customer service

Man, you guys have it pretty rough. I've attached a screenshot of some of the basic guarantees businesses must provide under Aus consumer law. The biggest one is probably that the entire product must be free from defects for at least as long as a reasonable consumer would expect. ie: DJI cannot claim the shell has no warranty and other parts 6 months. The whole thing could be expected to operate as advertised for at least 2 years (without crashes lol).

8148b65b31133b8f8cc3f293830bcc61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well I see your point of view but if they can't even replace a cracked battery because of a design flaw then that's pathetic I think.

Reactions: bohdud
They will basically do whatever they can get away with while there is this little competition in the mainstream consumer market. Things will improve when another outfit REALLY gives them something to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

how come dji hasn't improved thier customer service by now? with all the complaints we have and anyone else who owns a dji product, is it because they know they are the best and dont care? can we spread the word and boycott until they improve? i came really close to choosing autel but got a used p4 locally (that of course has the battery crack and they say is out of warrenty even though it is a design flaw that should be replaced) im getting tired of it, i just dont know how they can be so successfull but have shitty customer service.
I have had pretty good service to be honest, everything has been sorted, I sure hope I don't find the bad service everyone says

For those people that ran into bad service, thank you because DJI has now* stepped up their customer service :)

Last edited:
I just had an excellent experience with DJI Customer Service. Got my P3 back today.

I found the infamous hairline cracks on my rear sponsons and called DJI immediately. I was within the 1 year warranty period. One business day to get the RMA via email and 10 days later my P3P delivered with the shell replacement completed. They also replaced the lens filter.

I was impressed by their customer service.

Just sent my P3S in for repairs. The minor damage was from a RTH failure over a month ago, and the flight record of the crash had since been overwritten. They repaired it for free. New central board, new RC board, and a bunch more small components. Repair was done within a week if them recieving it. The service must be very hit and miss, good for some and bad for others. Sadly, as usual with the internet, more people with bad experiences post about them than thise with good experiences, skewing the big picture.

Ive been in business a long time so I realise that the majority of online feedback will be negative due to the way people comment on service but taking that away, nothing allows for the total control off bull***t they give their customers. Lying is a true art for dji, if one of their technicians told me it was going to be sunny, i would quickly build an arc ready for a storm the likes of noah witnessed.

Reactions: tml4191
you guys know the only things that have a 12 month warranty are the controller and main computer? Everything else has a 6 month warranty, who does that? NO ONE

you guys know the only things that have a 12 month warranty are the controller and main computer? Everything else has a 6 month warranty, who does that? NO ONE

DJI replaced my shell at 10 months for free, including shipping.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj