DjiGO crashes on Samsung Galaxy Tab2

Reaction score
Just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to use for my Phantom 3SE and installed the Dji GO app (version for pre Phantom 4 aircraft) and when I launch the app it shows the initial Dji splash screen then goes black and I get the error "DJI GO has stopped working".

Not exactly the most informative message and I am at a loss as to how to troubleshoot it so any ideas would be much appreciated.

Is the tablet new or used? Try formatting the OS. You can also try previous versions of the Go app.

Used but I did a factory reset on it as soon as I got it. Where can I get previous versions of Dji Go from please?

Thanks Ansia I did a bit of googling and found a page with a lot of older versions so will start trying them until I hopefully hit one that doesnt crash :)

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks Ansia I did a bit of googling and found a page with a lot of older versions so will start trying them until I hopefully hit one that doesnt crash :)
I also found this that you can try.

It appears the Tab S2 is a very common and well liked tablet for flying, so it should work.

Run a memory cleaner JUST before you start Go. Also make sure that any unwanted 'bloatware' has been removed or disabled from running.

Triesd uninstalling and installing an older version but still no luck and also tried disabling the options mentioned in developers options.

Triesd uninstalling and installing an older version but still no luck and also tried disabling the options mentioned in developers options.
Try installing the Go 4 app. I know it won't work with your bird, but hopefully it will open and fix any permission or error the Go app is facing.

I don't know how you resetted that Tab S2, but another way way is to enter boot menu and clear cache and format the tablet from there, eliminating any possible residue from problems.

Reactions: PhatHD
I don't know how you resetted that Tab S2, but another way way is to enter boot menu and clear cache and format the tablet from there, eliminating any possible residue from problems.

Tried that also but no joy sadly so I am going to give it up as a bad job and relist the tablet on eBay and go back to using my Kindle Fire HD.

• Sad
Reactions: Ansia
In the end i gave up after spending several days on this. Shame as well as it was a lovely big and bright display.

Sad to hear that as I’m in exactly the same situation. I’m using Android 4.2.2 and I know plenty of other users are successfully using the Galaxy Tab 2, but like you the DJI Go app just goes to black-screen.
What’s doubly frustrating is that I’m using the app on a much older Samsung phone without issue, and I only bought the Tab 2 after reading this:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues