DJI..WTF

Reaction score
Not new to DJI.. I have a Vision 2 Vision 2 plus and Phantom 3.. None have had anything close to a hard landing.. My Plus has a issue with the SD card not staying in....DJI send it in....My older Vision 2 Camera won't bind with the app...DJI send it in..Both 6 week turn around.. Ridiculous!! Im afraid to fly my Phantom 3 cause I don't want to hear send it in....Just blowing off some steam......

well on the Plus and the vision 2 - you should be able to find authorized repair shops and get it done in a lot less time than sending it to DJI. I mean on those two birds you're out of your warranty aren't you? So why would you bother with DJI's slowness :)

On the Phantom 3 you're gonna have to do what I did and buy two so you know you have a backup :) at least until DJI starts to make replacement parts more readily available.

I certainly don't think you're alone in your frustration though....

1cZiVjy.png

Reactions: Jacob and Buckaye
Buying 2.. To repair one. Oy

yeah not ideal... but more ideal than losing my P3P for 6 weeks :) I haven't crashed yet (knock on wood) - but even the thought of it was enough for me to purchase a second one....

well on the Plus and the vision 2 - you should be able to find authorized repair shops and get it done in a lot less time than sending it to DJI. I mean on those two birds you're out of your warranty aren't you? So why would you bother with DJI's slowness :)

On the Phantom 3 you're gonna have to do what I did and buy two so you know you have a backup :) at least until DJI starts to make replacement parts more readily available.

I certainly don't think you're alone in your frustration though....

Interesting, I was just thinking about that scenario. I upgraded from a Q500+ to the P3P, but I think I'm going to keep my Q for backup to get my daily fly-fix, in case I have to send my P in for repair. That's my version of minding my Ps and Qs. Maybe I should have said Binding my P's and Q's.

Are you saying this because you have an issue with your P3 or is it only in anticipation of having a problem? If so, go fly already. :rolleyes:

Are you saying this because you have an issue with your P3 or is it only in anticipation of having a problem? If so, go fly already. :rolleyes:

Yes, the problem I anticipate is DJI taking 6wks to fix my bird when needed. I'm keeping my Q to fill in when that happens. But my son can fly it too, another reason to keep the Q.

No, I have no idea. Have you got some statistics? I just assumed there's quite a few returns with all the newbies getting into the hobby, plus all the cracks people are reporting. Anything can happen. I got attacked by Seagulls last weekend at the beach, I had to take evasive action.

Last edited:
Not new to DJI.. I have a Vision 2 Vision 2 plus and Phantom 3.. None have had anything close to a hard landing.. My Plus has a issue with the SD card not staying in....DJI send it in....My older Vision 2 Camera won't bind with the app...DJI send it in..Both 6 week turn around.. Ridiculous!! Im afraid to fly my Phantom 3 cause I don't want to hear send it in....Just blowing off some steam......

You mean you had a Phantom 2 Vision and a Phantom 2 Vision Plus? :p Then after the Vision Plus there's the Phantom 2 Vision Plus version 3 and now finally we the Phantom 3 :p Sorry I'm a bit of a stickler for peeps getting the names of these right.

If someone says "Phantom Vision 2" That would technically be the Phantom 2 Vision Plus :p which was the second of the Phantom 2 Vision line, and introduced the 3 axis gimbal and improved wifi connection. The Phantom 2 Vision Plus version 3 introduced the improved motors and remote control with the gimbal tilt side knobs and built in battery. I prefer using my Sanyo / Panasonic Eneloop Pro AA's myself so not a big fan of that change.

No, I have no idea. Have you got some statistics? I just assumed there's quite a few returns with all the newbies getting into the hobby, plus all the cracks people are reporting. Anything can happen. I got attacked by Seagulls last weekend at the beach, I had to take evasive action.

You are not the only one with seagull problems :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think the failure rate with the Q500 is quite high. I've just sold mine. I did this review of my experiences
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: envisionabove
You mean you had a Phantom 2 Vision and a Phantom 2 Vision Plus? :p Then after the Vision Plus there's the Phantom 2 Vision Plus version 3 and now finally we the Phantom 3 :p Sorry I'm a bit of a stickler for peeps getting the names of these right.

If someone says "Phantom Vision 2" That would technically be the Phantom 2 Vision Plus :p which was the second of the Phantom 2 Vision line, and introduced the 3 axis gimbal and improved wifi connection. The Phantom 2 Vision Plus version 3 introduced the improved motors and remote control with the gimbal tilt side knobs and built in battery. I prefer using my Sanyo / Panasonic Eneloop Pro AA's myself so not a big fan of that change.
You have way too much time on your hands...Go out and fly!! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.