Dji warranty is a hoax

Reaction score
My p4 disappeared only 1,000 feet away over water.It said 38 ft altitude at 23 mph..The video cut out so I looked where it was and it was gone.Hit rth and said 100% connected to remote..Nothing changed..Sent flight data to Dji several times..Now they say Mac data folder..????..So you need to know how to get a computer need to figure out what they are talking about..I'm sure when I find out wtf they are talking about they will ask for something else..They will repeat this until you can't figure out what they want.Then they can blame you for them not honoring warranty..So if your buying one and don't know how to get into your hard drive and get info..Forget the warranty should just get used one warranty isn't real so don't use that as a purchase point..They say there is a warranty until you try to use it..

Warranty for physical damages only last three months, not a whole year like most people think it is.

DJI has had me send the P4P back to them for repairs (Post Paid) twice now and I never did sign up for the extended warrantee. Got a new bird the second time. Guess it different when you actually lose the thing.

I just got a new refurbished P3A did to a hardware failure. Warranty covered it. I was actually shocked.

Reactions: Ridgetop
My p4 disappeared only 1,000 feet away over water.It said 38 ft altitude at 23 mph..The video cut out so I looked where it was and it was gone.Hit rth and said 100% connected to remote..Nothing changed..Sent flight data to Dji several times..Now they say Mac data folder..????..So you need to know how to get a computer need to figure out what they are talking about..I'm sure when I find out wtf they are talking about they will ask for something else..They will repeat this until you can't figure out what they want.Then they can blame you for them not honoring warranty..So if your buying one and don't know how to get into your hard drive and get info..Forget the warranty should just get used one warranty isn't real so don't use that as a purchase point..They say there is a warranty until you try to use it..
You can't expect DJI to hand out replacement Phantoms to anyone that tells them they have lost one but can't back it up with evidence to show that it was lost due to a DJI issue and not operator error.
If you don't have the Phantom and its internal data recorder, you need to give them your flight record.
You do that by synching your flight records in the app - click the cloud icon on the flight records page.
That may or may not explain the loss of the Phantom, depending on the details of the incident..

If you want some independent help to see if the cause can be determined ...
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Warranty for physical damages only last three months, not a whole year like most people think it is.
I suspect your talking about the camera/gimble and battery. Depending on what jurisdiction your in your statutory consumer rights will serve to defeat these timeframes, 12 months minimum being applicable to manufacturing/component defects. Nice try DJI.

Can you put up a telephone number? I can't find an agent who will insure me. Hank
Having all of your insurance lines increase in an effort to replace a drone will NOT be cheaper in the long run. Getting regular insurance for non commercial drone usage is a bad idea.

Experienced a failure of the RC controller on my P4 Standard to take a charge about 7 months after purchase. After doing the dance with Amazon and their third party supplier to no avail, I spoke to DJI. It took a few tries but they gave me a case number and sent me prepaid ups label. I sent it back and after about 5 weeks they sent a new controller. It took a lot of telephone calls and perseverance, but they did ultimately send it. So while not a fan of DJI (because of the red tape and initial push back from them) they did the right thing.

Reactions: godrocksu
You can't expect DJI to hand out replacement Phantoms to anyone that tells them they have lost one but can't back it up with evidence to show that it was lost due to a DJI issue and not operator error.
If you don't have the Phantom and its internal data recorder, you need to give them your flight record.
You do that by synching your flight records in the app - click the cloud icon on the flight records page.
That may or may not explain the loss of the Phantom, depending on the details of the incident..

If you want some independent help to see if the cause can be determined ...
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
Sent that to them already.Now they want Mac data info need about her ccomputer to extract it..telemetry showed I had left joystick at quarter up and forward 100%..at 38 feet and climbing..over water nothing to hit..Now I have to hire someone to extract files from my iPad..Just sending the flight record is not enough..

Sorry guys but I just have to back DJI here. Back in September, I lost my pre 4k after it crashed and sank out of site in a river. After a few e-mails back and forth sending video and flight log data. DJI accepted it was a drone malfunction, and completely replaced £850 in total. New copter battery props and sd card. Thumbs up from me.

Don't understand why you are blaming them because you can't comply.

Sent them the data..will post there response..They did what I said..nothing but ********..They said same thing I did ,was flying then all telemetry stopped and nothing else..So they said sense it didn't display any warnings before all telemetry stopped..They don't know what happened???.They offered to sell me another at 30% off..So all you PHANTOM forum plants from Dji can go #### yourself sucking up to Dji on the forum...If your telemetry does not show what's wrong with it your fudge...They said I did nothing wrong but still all I get is 30% off because they are fair..lamo..The warranty is a hoax!!!!

Reactions: godrocksu
1514390836165494353805.jpg

Sent them the data..will post there response..They did what I said..nothing but ********..They said same thing I did ,was flying then all telemetry stopped and nothing else..So they said sense it didn't display any warnings before all telemetry stopped..They don't know what happened???.They offered to sell me another at 30% off..So all you PHANTOM forum plants from Dji can go #### yourself sucking up to Dji on the forum...If your telemetry does not show what's wrong with it your fudge...They said I did nothing wrong but still all I get is 30% off because they are fair..lamo..The warranty is a hoax!!!!
I am sorry to disabuse you of your notion however you are not dealing with DJI plants on this forum. Had you followed @Meta4’s suggestion earlier in the thread to upload your flight log to DJI Flight Log Viewer (instructions for how to upload are at the link) and shared the link to your flight here there are many who very likely could have offered an explanation of what went wrong. It might be that this would have seen you better placed to argue your case with DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94