DJI Unlock near airport

Reaction score
Friday we did get an DJI unlock procedure to work in restricted airspace (close to major airport. We were set to fly only 100 ft). It only took a couple of minutes to get. We were unable to fly because of wind so we went back the next day, same time and could not get a release to unlock. We did the exact same thing two different systems and got different results. One it said unlock successful, but no PIN number and would not let us fly. Anyone know any secrets.

This might be your answer...
IMG_0459.jpg

We used AIRMAP for approval and then still showed an active unlock. The only response was that we needed to try again on a computer (not an iPad or iPhone). It was a pain since nothing changed from less than 24 hrs before.

We used AIRMAP for approval and then still showed an active unlock. The only response was that we needed to try again on a computer (not an iPad or iPhone). It was a pain since nothing changed from less than 24 hrs before.
So you were in an Authorization Zone and not a Restricted one?

We were in an area with a 100 ft ceiling. When we did the first unlock, DJI sent us a pin number that had to be put in to unlock the drone. All worked fine. That release showed (on the DJI App) to be good for 24hrs. When we went back it wouldn't let us unlock or even get to the same screens we had the day before. Nothing changed, but the day and time. I have never had this happen. I have flown in the same type of airspace before and had no problem getting DJI to unlock, but this time, it wasn't showing the normal method to get to an unlock. I will screen capture next time. I have left the city, but my partner will try to do the online unlock before she goes out to try again. Our clients really want this building from the air. Thanks for all the help and ideas.

We were in an area with a 100 ft ceiling. When we did the first unlock, DJI sent us a pin number that had to be put in to unlock the drone. All worked fine. That release showed (on the DJI App) to be good for 24hrs. When we went back it wouldn't let us unlock or even get to the same screens we had the day before. Nothing changed, but the day and time. I have never had this happen. I have flown in the same type of airspace before and had no problem getting DJI to unlock, but this time, it wasn't showing the normal method to get to an unlock. I will screen capture next time. I have left the city, but my partner will try to do the online unlock before she goes out to try again. Our clients really want this building from the air. Thanks for all the help and ideas.
So you first got FAA authorization unlock with Airmap, then proceeded to open DJI Go 4 and got the authorization from DJI?

Later you went the next day (Within the 24 hours?), tried the unlocking process, but never got the pin unlock code and couldn't fly?

Did I get this correct?

If I was correct, did you try to get authorization after the 24 hours were up?

Did you know, you can use Airmap to fly? When you set your drone in the settings and ask for an authorization code. This code can be used to fly using the Airmap app. I found this out, because I have an Autel Evo as well, and every time I asked for authorization, I wouldn't get the code via text when I chose the Evo as my drone, but did when I chose the Phantom. The difference is that you are restricted to Airmap's restrictions, instead of DJI's Geofencing 2.0 restrictions.

I stopped using Airmap because some of the zones in my area are inaccurate...totally missing one of the major class E2 areas around here (also shown on the FAA facilities map). I sent them an email, but never heard back from them. I've been trying to get an unlock from DJI's fly safe site for 6 hours now. I have my FAA airspace authorization and an authorization from the airport (military). Just need DJI to let me fly now. No verification code has been sent and if I try twice, it tells my my phone number is bad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik