DJI Ultimate Flight - P2V+ V3

Reaction score
I just can't figure this out. I have flown this thing 150 + times. I just decided to try DJI Ultimate Flight. Well, I am really having issues. Everything seems to work fine EXCEPT Way Point flights. It seems as though every time I turn around it is saying "The first time you run this SDK you must be connected to the internet" - even though I have already done this. I set up a 5 point flight - it went to the 1st point great and then, while looking for the 2nd point, it took off to a point that definitely was NOT on my list. I flipped the S1 switch up and took control immediately, I have tried this about 4 times now and still do not have success. Can anyone help.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3 - others have said it works fine with this phone; however, I doubt that all of those reporting success have worked with Way Point flights.

You may want to be on the Internet wifi, open the application and log into DJI so the DJI SDK gets loaded. Once that happens log into the Phantom wifi set up a couple of short local waypoint and test. One you gain confidence and all is working well you can them move out to the distance waypoints. I've cut it so close before that a head wind used more of my battery than anticipated and my plane auto landed two block away on return.

"The first time you run this SDK you must be connected to the internet"

I had that issue a couple times yesterday on my tablet. Never happens on phone. Not sure why it needs connected to internet. It was NOT the first time I had ran the program. Maps were all cached and should have been good to know. If I had not been home near wireless I would have been screwed.

I just can't figure this out.

I flipped the S1 switch up and took control immediately, I have tried this about 4 times now and still do not have success. Can anyone help.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3 - others have said it works fine with this phone; however, I doubt that all of those reporting success have worked with Way Point flights.

I use UF program. I use a Samsung S3 with it. I can guarantee you that your last comment above is absolutely wrong. I have done many GS flights and never once had it go wrong place or act as you stated.

THAT said, I have had the 'must connect to internet" to ok use of dji SDK THREE times in my UF life (since Christmas 2014). The first time, then 2 more times in the last 5 months: both times after a MAJOR update of the software.

You are aware that the latest UF is using a NEW dji SDK (ver 2.0) so it HAD to get authorized? So you have had to at least seen this requirement TWO times. How long have you run this app? Have you deleted it and reinstalled, perhaps also requiring another SDK approval requirement?

Last, did you mean you flipped S1 down then back up to regain control? If not, how did you fly a GS flight with it not in GPS top position?

I can guarantee you that your last comment above is absolutely wrong. I have done many GS flights and never once had it go wrong place or act as you stated.

Being in the IT business for the last 15 years that is a statement I would be reluctant to make. It's technology.

Sorry for confusion; I meant saying no one using S3 has done GS flights is not so. Not even that he is wrong about saying it since he said 'he doubts that...'

My bad. sorry for stating my point so badly and thanks for correcting me!

All good. Who knows I might have read it wrong. LOL

The difference in the phone and the tablet is the phone has internet connection as well as 3G or 4G cellular connection and with either of those the internet works. Most tablets only have the Internet so that must be on where as the phone can get the SDK via cellular Internet connection.

hi guys im thinking of downloading ultimate flight to use on a nexus 7 2012 but its running lolipop 5.1 will there be any issues or would it run better on 4.4.4

Question and PLEASE forgive if it has been addressed before.
Regarding DJI Ultimate Flight.
Is there a way to yaw or rotate the Phantom while flying a GS mission? So I can video an object and keep it centered as it flies by. I know about POI as it flies circles, but looking for an app that the yaw can be manipulated in GS
Phanton Vision 2+v3
Thanks
Jack

My understanding you can set up the yaw and direction only with the P3 and Inspire1 but not in the software for the P2's. Wish it was there too as I have two P2's. And fly GS all the time.

Greetings , sorry if this has already been asked but does this app work with the Phantom 2 using the Zenmuse gimbal. I'd like to know before I pay for the app. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic