DJI..too unreliable to risk the $$$

Reaction score
How many of us have lost DJI drones? 2?3?4?...$2000? 3000? 4000?

I was a p2V pre order with Dronefly. I waited 6 months for it to be released. It immediately emergency landed with the invalid battery error. This was fixed with update few weeks later. I had two duds that were sent back taking months to receive new one. I final,y got a good one and crashed it a few times camera flying off. I put it all back together and it flew again like a tank. It wa a little wobbly. I sold it on Craigslist for $750 and bought a few p2 with zen use did some fav. EXPENSIVE. Sold it, after I crashed it and have been drone free since. Too many errors. Great fun product, but it's too much money to risk and also aerial photos and videos were great in 2011 but starting to taste stale. IMHO

Ahhh,

Thanks for that.

image.jpg

Maybe take up knitting, sounds like Phantoms are not for you.

I was a p2V pre order with Dronefly. I waited 6 months for it to be released. It immediately emergency landed with the invalid battery error. This was fixed with update few weeks later. I had two duds that were sent back taking months to receive new one. I final,y got a good one and crashed it a few times camera flying off. I put it all back together and it flew again like a tank. It wa a little wobbly. I sold it on Craigslist for $750 and bought a few p2 with zen use did some fav. EXPENSIVE. Sold it, after I crashed it and have been drone free since. Too many errors. Great fun product, but it's too much money to risk and also aerial photos and videos were great in 2011 but starting to taste stale. IMHO
Maybe the hobby isn't for you then. As the person above me said. Take up knitting or cross-stitching or something.

Reactions: Fplvert
Sounds to me like you might be related to "Wrong Way Goldfarb" Way to many crashes, I had a pre-order P2V, mod'ed the antennas and flew it over 200 times without a crash. Looks like RC flying isn't your thing.

And what is the point of the post? DJI have obviously been selling a very broken product to sell millions of dollars worth of sales to some very ignorant people

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...

I can't count the number of RC cars, trucks and planes I've crashed since I was a kid. I don't want to crash my P3, but it is a very likely possibility. Like riding motorcycles, they old saying is " there are two kinds of riders. Those who have gone down and those who will go down " Same applies for RC

Shoot, I do both have a motorcycle and now this drone. This is my first, and I'd hate for it to crash, fall out of the sky, or take a dip in the lake. But its the risk I take.

Feel free to leave the hobby and this forum.

Reactions: AerialVideoNW
And what is the point of the post? DJI have obviously been selling a very broken product to sell millions of dollars worth of sales to some very ignorant people

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...
You my Mod.

Pimped this thead. Love these birds!
image.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Eh, its the most reliable RTF drone I've flown with at this price point. I'm quite happy with my p3p, no issues!

I've crashed my helis so many times... But this P3 is cake! I've spent countless hours on flight sim and in the field. Crashes happen. Put it on the shelf. Walk away. Have a beer and fix it the next day. Repeat.

I can't count the number of RC cars, trucks and planes I've crashed since I was a kid. I don't want to crash my P3, but it is a very likely possibility. Like riding motorcycles, they old saying is " there are two kinds of riders. Those who have gone down and those who will go down " Same applies for RC
1+
evildeath2.jpg
evildeath3.jpg

Reactions: AerialVideoNW

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers