DJI Support

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 3 pro on September 24, 2016. I bought it with extra batteries and then bought some additional batteries a month later.

I have experience 2 batteries go bad; no advanced flying (ever trip low altitude in line of sight), no crashes, etc.

The 1st battery was replaced by vendor I bought it from on Amazon. The second one that died, the vendor said they only replace in the 1st 30 days (it was day 33 when it went bad). They went on to say, that DJI will support it for 6 months from a date of purchase.

I called got an RMS and sent it in.

Then I received a an email from them on Friday with a $149.00 invoice to fix the battery …….WTF !

Is their support that bad?

I bought my P3A directly from the DJI online store, and have been having compass error issues. I contacted DJI's product support (US) through email, and after a couple of email exchanges providing information, within a day they sent me an RMA and a pre-paid UPS label.

After the Phantom was recived and inspected by DJI's service center in California, I received a "quote" that said the repair qualified under warranty. The "quote" did show the cost of the repair per line item (parts, labor), but the total due was $0. A couple of days later they shipped the Phantom back to me.

In general their response was good and timely, although unfortunately the compass error issue remained, so I've contacted DJI again, this time requesting a replacement unit.

I would suggest you contact them asking for clarification on why you are being billed for the battery repair, and argue your case. Make sure it is an actual invoice, or just a warranty repair quote.

It seems to me, that they have a good support system (good and fast communication), think how much better it would be if they didn't make me "*****" about them in 2 different forums by just skipping the step of "I hope this stupid customer pays the $149.00"

So as of 10/28 they told you that the "repair" would be free yet you posted on 10/30 that they were going to charge you?

Yes...I did not login since last Friday, when they said they were charging $149. It seems later that day they changed the status to "Free".

What gets me, why go through the "game" of doing this customers? They have a good "system" to manage communication in customer support....why not just do it "right" the 1st time?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31