Dji service experience?

Reaction score
I have an gimbal overload issue. The one with the dancing crazy gimbal. Tried all the fixes I could find online with no luckand finally ended up breaking the little ribbon cable, so I’m deciding to send to dji or not. Is there service reasonable? 2-3 week turnaround they see. Free shipping label to send it, but then they have my drone and have me over a barrel. Any alternative private service centers reasonable and reliable? Just afraid I might get charged more than the drones worth.

Knowing which part of the planet your on might help people to give you a recommendation. DJI are probably as good as any if your going to send it off by courier. Prices aren’t silly.

My recent experience was great. In the past DJI used to replace the entire camera/gimbal assembly for $500 plus and they did not sell spare parts other than the ribbon. Recently I had a broken arm on the gimbal and broken landing gear. That would have cost $700 in the past. My bill was only $278 and the P4P they sent was new. I had to activate it. Total time including shipping was 17 days.

I don't recommend DJI,they assess the whole quad and want to fix everything they deem as damage!

My p4pro got tangled in a tree & fell. It was still under care refresh. When I contacted dji, they told me to send it to a place in California. I thought they could fix it. They sent me a new drone in about a month. I just paid the shipping.

I've had two warranty service interactions at DJI in California, and both times they were excellent.

My experience with DJI was excellent. P4 into a tree, hit the ground with significant damage. Broken landing gear, broken top shell, one of the motors was cocked to the point that the blade was hitting the body. 2 weeks and $200 dollars later I was flying again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl