DJI Repair Times Slipping

On May 19th I received this email from DJI.
Dear Customer,

Your Phantom 4 regarding case No.

CAS-575752-Y9W3C4

has been repaired. Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress. Your unit will be shipped out to the following address within three business days.

Well today is May 30th. When called yesterday I was told paperwork hasn't been signed by repair department.

Got this email yesterday.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

With regard to your concern about the shipping details, as soon as we already have the feedback from the Repair Center, I will surely send it to you via email, right here, so I would be able to update you from time to time. Im going to monitor your case from time to time as well so I would appreciate your patience and understanding for this one.

What a bunch of BS!
They're probably going to hold them hostage until they release the new firmware which will be already installed on the repairs..

I got the same line of BS in an email with the bozo saying he was going to monitor my case!! DJI repair is filled with a bunch of low life liars!! It must be part of their training....oh wait what training!!

Mavic Pro did 31 days on a 2nd return and "Escalated' service. This meant waiting 3 days for the UPS label (but it only took 2 days to get there), then the usual lost time after repair to ship (another brand new unit) before being shipped and they "forgot" that it was escalated so took nearly a week to get back. I figure out of 31 calendar days, 12 or more were lost due to DJI incompetence and most of the rest due to inefficiency and weekends.

The first time took 45 days.

But, they did reset my Care Refresh to mid April, so "gained" 81 days of that, at least after I asked them for compensation.

Now just sorting out the Care Refresh "registration" changes. They issued one with the wrong serial number (1 less digit than the label in the bird). The returns were warranty, not CR.

This May 31st, no P4. Called, makes about 20, of course it is ready for shipment. Waiting for UPS truck. Like is was on May 19th. ??????

I asked for a tracking number. "It won't have one until the truck arrives". OK The truck pulls up and they make a label. Sure.

This May 31st, no P4. Called, makes about 20, of course it is ready for shipment. Waiting for UPS truck. Like is was on May 19th. ??????

I asked for a tracking number. "It won't have one until the truck arrives". OK The truck pulls up and they make a label. Sure.
Have they told you the one " as soon as the ink dries on your shipping label we shall call the UPS for pick-up. " yet ?

Got it. From April 21st to June 3rd. The P4 I got is like new if not new. It is perfect, unlike my crashed one. RTH lands on the spot. My old one was way off even after doing all calibrations many many times.

Hey guys...here's my tip FWIW...

My brand new P4P+ controller didn't work. About every 10 seconds the app would crash. I opened a support case and they told me I had to send the controller back for replacement. After 4 days of shipping and them having it for three more, the case was marked "approved" and chatting with support revealed that this meant my replacement should be shipped "soon". Fast forward three more weeks and still no controller. Tried online chat and email and kept getting told "soon" but that they couldn't tell me when. Finally called last week and they said it should ship by weeks end and that the support rep would follow it through. He didn't and come Friday no updates. Friday evening called again and asked to talk to the supervisor. Was told he was busy so I said I'd wait. Got to the supervisor and he said it would ship "soon". I said go find out where it is and get me the exact date it will ship. I'll wait. He came back and said it would ship by Monday 2-day air. I said thank you and 10 minutes later I got a confirmation that it had shipped and it was coming over night. I got my controller yesterday and was flying today.

They kept citing "logistics" as the problem which I took as, "I'm too lazy/busy/don't care to get up and go look or ask someone."

Long story short, call and be persistent. They obviously have some issues and practice stall tactics as a matter of course. The people manning the front line support have no information or power so getting to them seems to be of no use.

Your mileage may vary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94