DJI Repair Times Slipping

Reaction score
I thought I would update you on the DJI repair times. I had previously seen a very good turnaround for a P4 repair in November. DJI has had two items of mine for weeks now (HDMI card - 4 weeks, P4Pro 3+ weeks). They called me on Friday to tell me that they are swamped, he said that they have been inundated with repairs (I am guessing all of the Christmas Crashes!!). Just FYI, Kevin

Don't forget all the buggy firmware and software reports too that are bricking some with unclearable error codes.

Because of Christmas crashes? We're 3 months past it now. I was included in one of those and had a 3 week turnaround including cross-country shipping.

Because of Christmas crashes? We're 3 months past it now. I was included in one of those and had a 3 week turnaround including cross-country shipping.

I'm with this guy...crashed my drone. They had it back in 3 weeks that included 2 weeks of shipping. Not bad at all!!

With that said there were battery issues with my replacement drone so it had to go back. But I expect another round of decent customer service.

Well they did mess up not replacing the props I included when I sent it in, and spent 3 days getting nowhere trying to get them to include new props, even if they added $12 for them. I just didn't want to pay $10 shipping for $12 set of props through the store. They said they'd send props. They did, except they were my broken props.
If everything goes as planned the way they want it, they are good but if you need to speak to someone to make a change or reason out a warranty difference of opinion, you can't easily get anywhere.

They have my P4 since 4/21/17. Today is 5/24/17. Called but no help. On line it says ".Conducting Quality Assurance ".
Guess I've learned a lesson. Get it repaired locally.

They have my P4 since 4/21/17. Today is 5/24/17. Called but no help. On line it says ".Conducting Quality Assurance ".

Not that it helps, but I think someone posted they recently moved their repair facility from Carson, CA to another city in LA. Might explain the delay...maybe.

The "Conducting Quality Assurance" does sound like a stall tactic though to buy them more time. Questionable at best since you'll likely receive someone elses drone as a refurb.

New development. Went to PayPal and submitted a not received complaint. Got a reply very quickly that my unit will be shipped in a few. Below is my DJI summary.
Case Accepted
1.png
Apr/14/2017 17:42:55
Received
2.png
Apr/28/2017 15:52:54
Damage Assessed
3.png
May/13/2017 18:23:00
Payment Received
4.png
May/16/2017 09:55:47
Repaired
5.png
May/24/2017 14:46:56
Shipping Preparation
6.png

7.png

It will take 1-2 working days for shipment confirmation after the repair is complete. Please wait patiently.

By the way, it shows them receiving on 4/26 but UPS shows they had it on 4/21. Today is 5/26 and still have not shipped. One month and 5 days and not shipped.

I am not impressed with dji. I had an error "broken battery cell" on my P4P. Sent it in and took 6 weeks for replacement to arrive. That's crap.

By the way, it shows from DJI that thet received on April 28th, UPS shows delivered on April 21st.
I called them late yesterday, May26th, cause nothing showed on shipping as promised. The support person contacted them and promised it would be shipped immediately and I would get an email to confirm within the hour.

Again .... just promises.... no email .... no drone. this is May 27th.

Wow that a long time , I sent mine on the 5/6 they received it in 5/12 I just received the "test flight complete" email on 5/26 stating it should ship in two business days so it should be about a month this time ,last time it was a little over three weeks door to door and I'm on the East Coast
Nikon's service is about the same door to door but the "in transit" time is only (1) day

Last edited:
When I sent my P4P in for camera issues back in December. It took 8 days total to get a brand new P4P on my doorstep. Christmas day was smack middle of that time, but I do only live 2 hours away from Cerritos, ca

Took over 6 weeks from start to finish for my issue with my 5 week old P4P to come back, new to me P4P. The entire process was a joke! The idiots ay DJI should all be shot! We pay a lot of money and it sucks that there is no other company out there. DJI really sucks with their crappy support and the idiots that write their software!!

Took over 6 weeks from start to finish for my issue with my 5 week old P4P to come back, new to me P4P. The entire process was a joke! The idiots ay DJI should all be shot! We pay a lot of money and it sucks that there is no other company out there. DJI really sucks with their crappy support and the idiots that write their software!!
Hmm its hard to tell if you were happy with their service or not.. :D:D

Reactions: Pharm
On May 19th I received this email from DJI.
Dear Customer,

Your Phantom 4 regarding case No.

CAS-575752-Y9W3C4

has been repaired. Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress. Your unit will be shipped out to the following address within three business days.

Well today is May 30th. When called yesterday I was told paperwork hasn't been signed by repair department.

Got this email yesterday.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

With regard to your concern about the shipping details, as soon as we already have the feedback from the Repair Center, I will surely send it to you via email, right here, so I would be able to update you from time to time. Im going to monitor your case from time to time as well so I would appreciate your patience and understanding for this one.

What a bunch of BS!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik