DJI Pilot App Request - Center Map Display on Drone Location

Reaction score
I do most of my flying by viewing the satellite image/map display and flying my Phantom 3 to a spot on the satellite image. I am often following a particular route. I often have to remove my hands from the control sticks to reposition the map. It would be better if DJI provided an option to have the drone centered in the display and have the map move as the drone travels over the ground. I have a dash mounted navigation gps for my car and also a hand-held gps. In neither of these devices did the designer think it a good idea to have the subject drive/walk off the display. (These devices offer this capability is an option but not the normal/only mode of operation.)

Last edited:
I would like that capabilty in the Pilot app, too. One of my earlier Garmin car nav units was also missing that feature. Very annoying to have to take your hands off the wheel to scroll the map to see your location every minute or so when driving in passive mode!

I do most of my flying by viewing the satellite image/map display and flying my Phantom 3 to a spot on the satellite image. I am often following a particular route. I often have to remove my hands from the control sticks to reposition the map. It would be better if DJI provided an option to have the drone centered in the display and have the map move as the drone travels over the ground. I have a dash mounted navigation gps for my car and also a hand-held gps. In neither of these devices did the designer think it a good idea to have the subject drive/walk off the display. (These devices offer this capability is an option but not the normal/only mode of operation.)
+1

A scrolling map display with the P3's position centered would be a great update to the Pilot app, as you thought of it you get to write it up and submit to DJI support. Don't know how much mileage you will get out of it but won't hurt to try.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31