DJI PHANTOM4 PRO V2.0 Can i use an exterior monitor with the controller .

Reaction score
I have a monitor that i would like to use on the phantom 4 prov 2.0 , Do i need to put a USB/HDMI port board on the controller. Apparently the phantom 4 pro usb/hdmi port board does not work with the v2.0 controller.
Does anyone know if this is true, and if so can i get an HDMI board for the v2.0 The monitor i have is a freeworld and normally connects with HDMI cord.
Any info how i can hook up the monitor would be appreciated. i.I actually do not have the monitor yet as i just ordered it before i realized about the connections might be a problem,

Interesting question. I have never seen that board and wonder if it exists. I am researching it now. Anyone that knows please jump in...

You could use a smart device that has an HDMI output port.
Like the NIVIDA Shield K1 or Crystal Sky.

To the chagrin of many of us P4Pv2.0 owners, there is no HDMI output module that we can add like there is for the Phantom 3 or Phantom 4 (version 1). I had to spend the $800+ for a used CrystalSky just to get an HDMI output. Another option is to buy a P4Pv2.0+ controller.
Sorry I don't have better news...

That "part 54" HDMi module will not work with Version 2 of the Phantom 4 pro.

I'm lookiong at doing this:

buy the 5.5" CrystalSky, $280, ( Model C550 ) as it has an HDMI output as described in the user manual and the release notes do mention compatibility added for the Phantom4 pro V2.0.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/CrystalSky/20180830/Crystalsky_User_Manual_en.pdf

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/CrystalSky/20191213/CrystalSky_Release_Notes_EN_20191216.pdf

If I go that route I still need to get a "low cost" "daylight viewable" monitor. I guess at least 2000 nits? 3000 ?

Like one of these from B&H maybe ?
bhphotovideo.com/c/products/On-Camera-LCD-Monitors/ci/1984?sort=PRICE_LOW_TO_HIGH&filters=fct_brightness-nit_5088%3A2000%7C2200%7C2500%7C2600%7C2800%7C3000

To the chagrin of many of us P4Pv2.0 owners, there is no HDMI output module that we can add like there is for the Phantom 3 or Phantom 4 (version 1). I had to spend the $800+ for a used CrystalSky just to get an HDMI output. Another option is to buy a P4Pv2.0+ controller.
Sorry I don't have better news...
I have the p4pv2+ controller and have used Terra with it. You have to use a laptop with your controller but you can use the computer's USB-C output and an Aero Hub with the HDMI output. I've done this and it worked fairly well.

Attachments

• AERO HUB 1.JPG
    AERO HUB 1.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 59
  • AERO HUB 2.JPG
    AERO HUB 2.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 58

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members