DJi Phantom Advanced (rocking on descent)

I removed some prop guards & figured out that was my problem. Did you ever find a solution to your issue?
I changed it to a thinner carbon gimbal guard recently. I flew around with no issues during descent. There might be still a slight wobble as i descend with 100% throttle but i'm attributing it to the fast descent. When i lower my drone down slowly it wobbles less.

To one and all. . . I have noticed a non stop influx of "I never crashed my Phantom drone or even had a rough landing!", the next day I go out to fly and when I try to start up my aircraft I receive a go app message that I am in need of an aircraft firmware update.So I update to the latest firmware and then I no longer get the firmware error message on my go app display, the camera works fine and GPS also is good but when I try to energize the motors utilizing the remote sticks, i receive the following "ESC ERROR STATUS, RESTART AIRCRAFT AND TRY AGAIN, IF THIS CONTINUES PLEASE CALL DJI SUPPORT" well I truly believe that in many cases the pilot's claim is valid (no crash or hard landing) and they were told that they were in need of a firmware update! then the same guys say that the update completed successfully with nothing unusual and yet they got the infamous ESC ERROR message! I have repaired numerous P3P & P3A. The truth is that there is no one cause of this nuisance, error esc status! I have found it to be firmware updates that were corrupted, burned out caps on the main boards,calibration problems, sensor calibration errors, but by FAR the most common thing that I have run into is one or more open winding's in one or more than one motor! And if you think that you'll see it by looking down into the ventilation holes in the motor housing, you may or may not! I have made this simple and inexpensive ($18.00 USD) per motor repair by simply checking the continuity of each of the three legs of all four motors. Which ever motor that I don't get continuity with my Fluke meter across all 3 motor legs, (and you do not need to spend the high price for a Fluke multi meter, I own one because I use it in my profession, any cheap $20.00 analog multi meter will work fine! you must get full continuity across all three motor legs, Yellow,Red,Black & do this without a battery in the drone!! I have found quite a few open copper motor winding's that will produce an ESC ERROR message and it's nothing more than a burned out motor! one of my friends told me he was quoted $349. plus shipping because it had to be a burned out MC. I told him where to get the motor and which kind, I installed it for him no charge for labor, so all it cost him was $18.00, his P3P started right up and is flying fine! He almost paid nearly $400.00 to this company for an $18.00 motor! So all I am saying is beware! Plus it only takes me a few min. to check for an open winding on all 4 motors! and about the same time to switch out 2 of them with my soldering station. I just don't like seeing guys in the hobby getting ripped off by being told it must be a bad MC board, just because these companies are buying new p3A's and P3P's and scavenging brand new units for parts simply because they can make more money by selling parts,than whole systems! It's not ethical or Honest! I have a small pile of burned out motors on my work bench!. . . if they weren't so cheap to buy I would consider rewiring these LOL.
P.S. in almost every case most of these motors that had open motor wingding's also had just had prop guards installed on the aircraft! Improper screw length due to the addition of prop guards! Simple solution. . . . know who you are buying from and measure the length of the mounting screws that come with your new prop guard mounting sleeves!. . . Notice the stock motor screw length that comes with your drone is "5MM" if you have any doubt that your new prop guard screws are too long measure them, a digital caliper is only $14.95 on Ebay! the new prop guard screws should be no longer than 7MM long!! It is definitely more advantageous repairing watches and drones then working in Medicine (no malpractice lawsuits to worry about HA!) Best Regards, Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj