DJI Phantom 4 - flicker during move or vertical gimball motion ?

Reaction score
Hello there,

this might be my first post in an excellent forum that i have been watching closely for a year now, learning on the go.

Seems there is an issue with my Phantom4 and the following YouTube video demonstrates it, during drone movement or vertical gimball movement i notice this flickering in horizontal lines or above darker areas.

All works on when still or when i tilt horizontally,

seems this could be related to the gimball cable from what i read but maybe not ?

Please check and advice if you can, i would really like to know before purchasing this and even more servicing myself

Phantom 4 - Flexible Gimbal Flat Cable - ΠΛΗΡΩΜΗ ΚΑΙ ΣΕ 3 ΕΩΣ 12 ΔΟΣΕΙΣ!!! - DRELE.COM

after contacting DJI local service they consider this an issue with brightness due to not using any filters, can anybody advise please ?

It appears to me that this is the shadow of the blades on the camera lens. I experienced this once flying toward the sun. There is no hardware or software issue, just blade shadow on the camera. This is my best guess based on your footage.

Reactions: Brojon
You are so right, checking other videos like this for example:

made me realize i only have this issue against the sun.

The following round trip clearly shows that on my way towards this little fortification island everything looks great

the flicker is showing up only during the return at my second video clip, and here against the sun at particular angle close to the end

It appears to me that this is the shadow of the blades on the camera lens. I experienced this once flying toward the sun. There is no hardware or software issue, just blade shadow on the camera. This is my best guess based on your footage.
Looks that way to me too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20