DJI Phantom 3 Professional $550.00 (DJI Refurbished Unit)

I know what you mean.. Mine took so darn long to accept a charge when I first got it that I thought the controller was broken (wold only blink one light for over an hour)... Leave it plugged up for a long time.. It will eventually charge up..

Funny, had a similar experience. Tried to power on the transmitter and would not. Plugged in the charger and only had one light. Took about 3 1/2 hours for the full charge. After almost 30 years of RC heli's. was not used to that long of a time to charge.

I got mine Friday. I haven't been able to fire it up yet but from unboxing and looking it over I could not tell it was a refurb. It looks brand new. I'm excited to use it. I thought about selling my Standard but may keep it since it's been such a solid flyer for my close photography.

Refurbished Phantoms will have an "R" at the end of the serial number.

Finally got mine today..That direct signature thing from fed ex kinda sucks...I called the company to drop it off at a fedex location so i can pick it up and they did but it ended up showing up at my door while I was home...Kinda bummed its not the older p3 but the thing does look brand new...The bird is a B and the controller a C...FW 1.5.3 and 1.8 on the controller..

Reactions: Digdat0
Managed to get in a short, first , 13 minute, flight this evening on the refurbished P3P. Received last Thursday and today was the first halfway good weather to fly although the winds did pick up a bit just before I lifted off. Fly's awesome and video quality is excellent at whatever the default settings are. Very cloudy, overcast ceiling and still was picking up 15 satellites. Hopefully some better weather tomorrow.

Almost forgot, I have the black clip on leg extenders and sometimes the left one would show up in the video. Not sure if the camera gets blown around laterally sometimes or what. When going into RTH the quad did a quick 180 and a lot of the gear extension was in the frame until it stabilized. Guess I could crop out in post processing (if I did any).

After almost 30 years of RC heli's I have a lot of bad habits to break for smoother video work.

Last edited:
Reactions: chazz
Got mine just now. New motors.. Thing looks brand new.. and lanyard.. Thanks for the heads-up on this bird.. Very pleased..

Those landing stabilizers do tend to get in the shots. That can happen when stopping forward motion quickly where the AC tips backwards to counter its forward momentum. Also having a low camera angle will make it more susceptible to getting into the shot. Gimbal normally shifts left or right on turns to soften the change in scene.

DJI's official eBay site has the Pro refurbs for $550.00.
DJI Phantom 3 Professional with 4K Video (DJI Refurbished Unit) | eBay
Be very careful using this link to buy a drone
DJI's official eBay site has the Pro refurbs for $550.00.
DJI Phantom 3 Professional with 4K Video (DJI Refurbished Unit) | eBay
Be very careful using this link to purchase a drone the Phantom 3 professional it led me to was listed as manufacturer refurbished by Ebay seller Thephonecellar when the drone arrived it was in the wrong box, missing the gimbal guard the charger only had a lead for the drone and not the remote, had an aftermarket battery, had already been registered and according to a serial # search by DJI has not been refurbished!
Only in my world does this happen :-(

Be very careful using this link to buy a drone

Be very careful using this link to purchase a drone the Phantom 3 professional it led me to was listed as manufacturer refurbished by Ebay seller Thephonecellar when the drone arrived it was in the wrong box, missing the gimbal guard the charger only had a lead for the drone and not the remote, had an aftermarket battery, had already been registered and according to a serial # search by DJI has not been refurbished!
Only in my world does this happen :-(

When I read the Email I came and looked because I paid $550 for P3P...
Those links took me to "dronesuperstore" though and the price is $699???
I got mine on EBay from Drone Nerds a year ago for $588 to the door (free shipping but had to pay sales tax) and "everything" looked band new, down to the radio, battery (which showed 0-charges) and charger all having the protective plastic on them the same as a New P3P does (motors had the covers on them also)...

I hope you got your money back AND reported that seller to EBay...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello