DJI Phantom 3 Professional $550.00 (DJI Refurbished Unit)

Yeah, those bastards! :)...I'm taking the trip, nothing else happen-in around here but depressing rain..

Ok, now I know why the gimbal cable is protruding from the side on this new refurbished P3P, doh.

Who do they have refurbishing these P3's? Guys check your stuff when it arrives. The cable should be going through the hole in the plate not being squashed inbetween the plate.

Think I'm returning it. That gimbal cable is definitely in backwards as I took the gimbal off the Advanced to confirm. I don't want to open up this Pro to correct and don't really want to twist that cable 180 and have pressure on it from the gimbal plate.

Refurb P3P came. Much to my surprise old motor (W323 P3P model) P3P. That's a good thing in my opinion. But newer GL300C controller instead of the GL300B or A model (not so good or as preferred).

The P3P did look used and not 100% brand new as others have been reporting. Not bad and not dinged or scuffed but it was a bit dirty and you could tell it was opened up and refurbished. There was even a dirt outline where it looked like tape had been on the top but that wiped off. One of the gimbal cables were not tucked in between the camera and gimbal, some of the gold tape on the front legs are peeling off and the gimbal ribbon cable where it is glued
to the gimbal arm was halfway peeling off as well.

All in all looks good to me though, super happy about the old motors. I'll take it out for a spin in the next few days.
you should be able to see how many flights are on the bird in dji go after the first connection. would be interesting to know

you should be able to see how many flights are on the bird in dji go after the first connection. would be interesting to know

I'll take a look but I don't remember where that is in DJi Go? When I first connected it went through setup and activation as new.

I decided I'll keep the bird. I was able to twist the cable 180 just in front of where the large opening is where the cable comes through shell. It's not binding really and the cable had room to lay flat and route the rest of the way. If the P3P was newer motors I would have it returned it. Old motors are golden though, wanna keep them.

Reactions: Digdat0
well, if you activated it probably hasnt been flown before. on the first screen, top left corner is a paper airplane looking thing hit that and it will open the flight log.

I believe DJi gives dealers a way to reset the boards to new though. When I bought a P3 at Microcenter last year I brought it home and the thing wouldn't even turn on. I took it back and talked to the Tech Manager there and he swapped it out for me. But during our discussion about P3's in general he said they get a ton of returns and DJi isn't real accommodating as far as taking them back. So they repair then reset the boards and sell as used or new if the return was in new condition. I asked him point blank if DJi provided them software to do resets. He said yes.

826b2266cf66abeda6c41b2b930f29b2.jpg

Just got this in a email. $99 for one year protection beats DJI's don't it?

I quote from their payment instructions.

"Please note all items ship signature required. Someone must be available to sign for the package. Immediate payment is required upon selecting "Buy It Now" or upon checking out through the cart. We only accept payment via US PayPal accounts. PayPal allows you to pay using a major credit card or direct transfer from your bank accounts."

Does this mean that because I live in Australia I can't buy it because my paypal account is Australian?

Afraid so mate...But I would shoot them an email and ask.

Mine showed up today! My wife send me pictures because I am not home yet, but looks like I got a new old stock one. All plastics seem to be there. It has the older style motors. Should I be concerned about having the older motors instead of the newer ones?

Here are some pictures.

19mbux.jpg

1osigz.jpg

2j2evjq.jpg

2yts6eb.jpg

Mine showed up today! My wife send me pictures because I am not home yet, but looks like I got a new old stock one. All plastics seem to be there. It has the older style motors. Should I be concerned about having the older motors instead of the newer ones?

Here are some pictures.

19mbux.jpg

1osigz.jpg

2j2evjq.jpg

2yts6eb.jpg

some folks really like old motors better. While the new ones are (supposibly) more efficient, the old motors could indicate much earlier firmware version, which has less restrictions .. not just NFZ but speed in GPS mode. With really old ones, supposibly you can do 40+mph in GPS mode, on later versions of firmware (I think 1.3), they lowered that. There are a few other things like that i recall reading. I would love an old motors aircraft, really curious what firmware you got now :D

I would as long as it was 100% sure they'd allow you to pick it up.

Yeah i should have called before i went,, wasted trip. the fedex dude apparently takes his truck home...So i told them to deliver it Saturday...I guess we'll see because now when i look at the tracking it says Thursday delivery...maybe ill call the to make sure this time...

some folks really like old motors better. While the new ones are (supposibly) more efficient, the old motors could indicate much earlier firmware version, which has less restrictions .. not just NFZ but speed in GPS mode. With really old ones, supposibly you can do 40+mph in GPS mode, on later versions of firmware (I think 1.3), they lowered that. There are a few other things like that i recall reading. I would love an old motors aircraft, really curious what firmware you got now :D
Thank you for the information. I think I'll be very happy with it.
I'll check the firmware and report back once I'm home.

Question though, will I still be able to fly with older firmware on the AC and controller, but the Latest DJI go app version?

Thank you for the information. I think I'll be very happy with it.
I'll check the firmware and report back once I'm home.

Question though, will I still be able to fly with older firmware on the AC and controller, but the Latest DJI go app version?
yes, the latest DJI go should work just fine. I havent seen/heard any issues.

How to check firmware version? Will it show up on the DJi Go app?
you need to have the aircraft connected to RC/tablet, open DJI go and its under settings->about. Should say aircraft version like this

upload_2017-4-5_16-44-45.png

Thanks, getting my first DJi quad tomorrow. Lot of things related to the app that I need to find out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel