dji phantom 3 advanced refurbished not working

Reaction score
so about a week and a half ago i got my dji phantom advanced refurbished unit. after trying to set it up and the controller not working i decided to return it for a new one. this leads me to my next question. is it common for refurbished products to be deffective and if so how often does it happen. i am returning it to amazon for the exact same thing. is this a good idea or should i cancel the order for the next p3a and get the phantom 3 4k.

You can't rely if the refurbished unit is not from DJI

It is.

Ya dji official store fuffiled by amazon

Make sure it is a well known store, they will do anything to fix the problem. I bought my standard from Amazon as well, have an issue with the firmware and I returned it and exchanged the bird for another one. The next one has been rock solid, no issues.

I have purchased two refurbished drones directly from DJI and have found them to perform as good as new. I don't know if anyone other than DJI refurbishes DJI drones, but I am pretty sure Amazon is just a re-seller for someone who does the actual refurbishment. Nonetheless, Amazon is the one you contracted with on the purchase so they would be the one to work with.

They should issue to you a Return Materials Authorization (RMA). If they do then you are probably going to come out okay on this transaction as Amazon is high on keeping their brand name as un-sullied as they can. Individual sellers, on the other hand, are not always so accommodating.

You didn't say what the problem with the controller was. No power? Wouldn't connect to the drone? Wouldn't control the drone as expected? Missing/broken parts?

I have purchased two refurbished drones directly from DJI and have found them to perform as good as new. I don't know if anyone other than DJI refurbishes DJI drones, but I am pretty sure Amazon is just a re-seller for someone who does the actual refurbishment. Nonetheless, Amazon is the one you contracted with on the purchase so they would be the one to work with.

They should issue to you a Return Materials Authorization (RMA). If they do then you are probably going to come out okay on this transaction as Amazon is high on keeping their brand name as un-sullied as they can. Individual sellers, on the other hand, are not always so accommodating.

You didn't say what the problem with the controller was. No power? Wouldn't connect to the drone? Wouldn't control the drone as expected? Missing/broken parts?
The controller had a defective usb port

Just got a refurb from Amazon and if I didnt know id think it was brand new. With the controller issue, im not sure they look at the controllers because my drone itself had latest firmware, but the controller was behind and had to update. Maybe if someone just sends a drone back without controller they fix it and rebox it with a new controller?

Just got a refurb from Amazon and if I didnt know id think it was brand new. With the controller issue, im not sure they look at the controllers because my drone itself had latest firmware, but the controller was behind and had to update. Maybe if someone just sends a drone back without controller they fix it and rebox it with a new controller?

I doubt they would just toss in a different controller and not charge the owner for it.

As for the newness of your refurbished drone - remember the requirement that DJI laid down in the original exchange program to buyers of the P3S was that, in order to obtain a valuable discount on upgrading from a P3S to something "higher up", the P3S had to be in like-new condition - complete, undamaged and never flown.

The idea was to entice P3S buyers into upgrading by offering to take the P3S as a trade-in - something DJI normally doesn't do. They probably figured that there would be a few returns which had, indeed, been flown, but which were in good-as-new condition (or nearly so) and that it wouldn't cost much for the company to do a quick check-out of the of the received unit to see that everything was okay.

When you send a P3S in for repair DJI doesn't bother taking the time to dismantle some component or another and repairing it - they simply remove and replace it. Then they charge the customer the full price of the component just as if the customer ordered one from over the internet (that is unless the 'copter was legitimately under warranty and that the owner has convinced DJI that it was not pilot error which caused the failure of a component.)

I buy refurbished merchandise all the time, and only very rarely has it been a problem. I bought a refurb P3P from Newegg. I had it for about two weeks and then I upgraded the firmware to the new version. Next flight out I had a compass error, lost control of the AC and it ran into a tree. I send it back to Newegg and received another refurb unit asap.

This one came with some old firmware on it. 3 or 4 versions back. It has been flying flawlessly for me, and I have no plans to upgrade the firmware.

I wouldn't trade down from a P3A to a P3 4k. Such is pretty much a standard with a 4k camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan