DJI Phantom 2 problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Dave, a newbie on the forum.
I have had a Phantom 2 for eight years but not flown it for two years, for a variety of reasons. Now I want to impress the grandkids!
I've bought two new batteries as the old ones were blown. But when I try to take off the drone tips over backwards. Do I need to update the firmware or make some adjustments? Any guidance would be very welcome as I confess to being a complete numpty when it comes to this.
Thanks

Hi,

I have had a Phantom 2 for eight years but not flown it for two years, for a variety of reasons. Now I want to impress the grandkids!
I've bought two new batteries as the old ones were blown. But when I try to take off the drone tips over backwards. Do I need to update the firmware or make some adjustments? Any guidance would be very welcome as I confess to being a complete numpty when it comes to this.
Thanks

My guess is that the propellors are on the wrong way.
No, definitely on the wrong way. I wasn't aware that it was possible to get them the wrong way when they are engaged with the threads and threaded on

Hi,

Thanks
Are 4 propellers turning. Are propellers on the correct motors. 2 different pairs of propellers and it probably does need a firmware update. I would first check that the correct propellers on on the correct motors.

Are 4 propellers turning. Are propellers on the correct motors. 2 different pairs of propellers and it probably does need a firmware update. I would first check that the correct propellers on on the correct motors.
All four are spinning, apparently at the same speed (but obviously that's not the case). They are all screwed on, with the correct threads, so I can't see how they can be on the incorrect motors, or am I missing something there?
The props are the old used ones, but they look in decent condition. I do have some spare new ones, so I could try those.
I'd appreciate a heads-up on how to calibrate the controller. As I say, I'm pretty inexperienced with these things.

Well, a test has given me more idea of the problem. Brand new props, definitely on the right motors, made no difference. However, I did get it to lift off vertically by applying a few degrees of forward pressure on the right hand control. So it will fly, but not easily as I have to keep pressure on the forward/back stick to keep it hovering.
Evidently that control is not calibrated centrally. So how do I set about doing that? It's the controller, not the drone. Any information welcome!

Hello, apparently your problem is rooted in the controller sticks, I recommend that you calibrate them with your official DJI tool, remember to install the driver, surely you have to disable driver signatures in Windows because otherwise it will not be installed.

Driver: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/driver/DJI_WIN_Driver_Installer.exe

Tool: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_2/Phantom_2_Installer_v3.6.exe

You connect the controller and go to the "Basic" section, then select the "RC" tab. On YouTube you will find more detailed videos. Regards.

Reactions: The Blade

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31