Dji Phantom 2 Hard Shell works on 3?

Reaction score
Just a quick question, how different is the P2 shell from the P3? I am planning on painting a shell for the P3 am I better off waiting on a P3 shell? I would like to know from someone that isn't just guessing.
11052237_10152860354843861_4914134536329172978_n.jpg

If you have a P2, buy a P2 shell.
If you have a P3, don't buy a P2 shell.

Reactions: EnronCEO
Just a quick question, how different is the P2 shell from the P3? I am planning on painting a shell for the P3 am I better off waiting on a P3 shell? I would like to know from someone that isn't just guessing. View attachment 19232
I have the same plan going....but even though the outsides are similar the internals are vastly different....
As I said I'm waiting on the release of P3 shells too......

I have the same plan going....but even though the outsides are similar the internals are vastly different....
As I said I'm waiting on the release of P3 shells too......
I wanted to Plasitdip the drone, you know anything about that?

Reactions: louforgiveno
Plasti-dip is heavy.

If you can't commit to a color why paint?

Plasti-dip is heavy.

If you can't commit to a color why paint?
Well actually I can't find any information in regards how much extra weight it would be with the plasitdip which wouldnt be that much more than a regular paint job with the added benafit of protection coating. As far as committing to a color I think dji only makes white unless I am missing something here.

The plasti-dip is like a latex film. Heavier than paint but removeable thus the commitment comment.

There's no need for protective coating on your Phantom.

Just fly it.

EnronCEO, the P2 and P3 shells are definitely not swappable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic