DJI P3P vs Yuneec Q500 4k

Typhoon H maybe.. Q 500 not so sure

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I recently had the H and it was a nice aircraft but I returned it because the range was inferior to the P3P's range. Range was the 100% deciding factor for me. That's why I stuck with the P3P.

Hi Mike,

My flying bud had a Yuneec. Flying side by side with my P3A there was no comparison. The Phantom was faster, much more agile and seemed to respond quicker. Add to that the fact that DJI allows for third party software development like Litchi, Autologic and many more, to me the equation starts getting lopsided. The Q500 seemed like a good camera platform but not near as much fun as the Phantom. I like the idea of the hand held camera but it seems like to big of a compromise to be worth it. He ended up trading up to the Phantom and has been happy with his decision. I love to fly and there was almost no comparison between the two when it comes to that. Now, we are talking about old birds. When the H and Phantom 5 come out the question will start over..

This of course is simply my opinion and you're right, this is a Phantom board, but man, I love my bird!. I wish you the best of luck whatever you get.

I had the Q500 and switched to the Phantom 3 Advanced. Glad I did. The range is far better on the P3A, you choose your screen, much easier to hike with and carry.

The Q500 is a slow flyer, and though it comes with a screen, it's a rather cheap screen, difficult to see clarity with both eyes, sort of gives you a headache.

The app from DJI is far superior to the Q500, the P3A also holds better in the wind, and the batteries last longer.

As someone who has owned both, I prefer DJI in every way. Especially getting inside the unit. DJI is well organized when you open it up, and the Q500 looks like a heap of wires soldered together by people in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok thanks guys, I guess you've confirmed what I kind of thought from the start, I always wanted a p3p and I'll stick with that, I suppose range is a big factor when I think about it

Thanks guys!

I have both. And a P4. Haven't even put the H in the air yet. Excited about seeing the differences.
Waiting for the first hand experience report.

I switched to the P3A from a yuneec q500. I have the original Q, not the 4k- the biggest difference being the camera quality. I did the fpvlr mod to the rc so range for me was no longer a problem. I don't fly my Q any longer though. That's how much better I think the phantom is overall. However because yuneec does put together an awesome package, I use the steady grip with the camera off the drone all the time. Ground work combined with phantom aerial footage makes an awesome combination. There's a lot of differences between the two birds. It would take too long to run through the pros and cons and if you search the forum you'll find a lot about it. If yuneec interests you more, I would only invest in the typhoon H at this point. While the H is the first of its kind for yuneec, it far surpasses the Q style bird, as does the ST16 remote compared to the ST10. Dji and yuneec are two different experiences and imo, each are winners in their own right. Which one you'd prefer is totally a personal preference.

Mike,
With simply an antenna mod, I regularly send my P3A out nearly 3 1/2 miles. My home overlooks hilly, wooded BLM land that is relatively inaccessible and for the first time in the 15 years that I've lived here, I've been able to explore my own front yard with the Phantom. That range (even unmodified) as well as waypoints, was the deciding factor for me in choosing DJI over Yuneec (that said, I discovered that the waypoints are only functional out to a fairly short distance).

hi guys

Right so I'm looking to buy either a phantom 3 pro or a Yuneec Q500 4K

I fully understand that this is a Phantom forum and 99% are going to be bias towards them, but just thought I'd ask the question and see if I could gather a little more info

Would love your opinion either way

Thanks
Mike
Don't know if you've considered the Typhoon G. I think its your best all in one platform as you have the best action camera the Hero 4 Black and the gimbal is far better than any other GoPro fitted one on the market. I use the Typhoon for all my up close or important flyover shots and the P3P for long range flyovers. I managed to get both my drones for just over 1k total plus the cost of my GoPro. Hard to beat the setup for price.

Ok thanks guys! Really appreciate all the feedback, I think the range is possibly going to be an issue for me :(

It's looking like a P3P is going to be for me, I'll let you know which way I go with this

I've got a guy with a Yuneec who claims its better than DJI and is going to let me have a close look and little play with it so I'll see how I get on
Hi, The one thing people are not mentioning is customer support. Yuneek has it all over DJI when it comes to support. They don't make users jump through hoops to replace a broken or crashed drone. They are very customer friendly. Their turnaround time is also much better for repairs. It also has a huge investment from Intel, which sees a big future in aerial photography with drones. I own a DJI P3 Advanced, but the fact I would be supported if a problem arose makes Yuneek look better all the time. That is one reason I don't fly as often as I would like. I don't trust DJI support.

Hi, The one thing people are not mentioning is customer support. Yuneek has it all over DJI when it comes to support. They don't make users jump through hoops to replace a broken or crashed drone. They are very customer friendly. Their turnaround time is also much better for repairs. It also has a huge investment from Intel, which sees a big future in aerial photography with drones. I own a DJI P3 Advanced, but the fact I would be supported if a problem arose makes Yuneek look better all the time. That is one reason I don't fly as often as I would like. I don't trust DJI support.

I don't care what DJI's support is like. In the UK at least if you buy from someone reputable like Maplin they will really look after you. In the UK it is the seller who is responsible!

DJI Customer "Service" SUCKS.

DJI Phantom 3/4 is a good performer with a great camera but when I replace mine, I will seriously consider a different manufacturer. I have heard that Yuneec has good service and works well.

I will always consider customer service as a part of the equation but... It isn't the only component. Thus far I have reviewed all the birds and can say that for my use, being that I only have 1 aircraft, the Dji lightbridge equipped units are the absolute best for me. I will also say that the customer service could be better and of the major manufacturers is probably the worst. I'm no apologist for any company but I am a realist. DJI probably has more units in the field than the rest of the manufacturers combined. The upside is the third party applications are always being developed and I believe the DJIs are the best platforms on the market.That doesn't excuse them but it does offer a reason why smaller companies have better service. They have far fewer units in the field and therefore fewer issues to deal with. To be honest there are only 2 units I consider comparable as it relates to value for $$$. That's the Thyphoon H and the Autel X Star. They appear to be absolutely great units with the biggest drawback being.. No lightbridge and no 3rd party apps. The X Star premium has something close but it there just isn't enough data on how good it is. The Typhoon appears to be the farthest back in the range/connection equation. The biggest advantage for TH and X appear to be the idea that the removable gimbal will allow the owner to upgrade without needing to buy a new aircraft. I have seen this before with 3dr and the solo. There have been relitively 0 upgrades and technology has passed that aircraft up. I would say it is the least preferred model out and the company is going down faster than the titanic. So if Autel and yuneec actually follow through that would really narrow the gap.

Time will tell. I'm optimistic for the future products. Competition is good for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some great points there and a good read! Thanks really appreciate it, I think my mind is some what made up, the light bridge technology is what I'd like, so I'm going to try getting my hands on a P3P/P4 or if possible an inspire 1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl