Can a Yuneec Q500 4K be a secondary bird?

Reaction score
Right now the Yuneec Q500 4K refurbished in amazon is $499... I know is not from DJI but this bird new cost same as the phantom 3 Pro. Not a bad price for a secondary bird. I love my phantom 3 standard but having another bird from another manufacturer just to experiment how it perform on 4K, specially when the price dropped dramatically.

Last edited:
I was looking into this also today. Im going to give it a shot, of all the other "comparable" drones, this seems worth the money for what you get. Been reading on their message boards and seems to be about the same # of complaints though lol. I just wouldn't mind having a backup just in case and also i really like the looks of it.

Reactions: macoman
I was looking into this also today. Im going to give it a shot, of all the other "comparable" drones, this seems worth the money for what you get. Been reading on their message boards and seems to be about the same # of complaints though lol. I just wouldn't mind having a backup just in case and also i really like the looks of it.

Yup, also remember that the range is very limited, it’s probably same or worst than my phantom 3 but want this bird to see how the quality of the camera performs. Been 4K under $500 dollars is very attractive.

Yup, also remember that the range is very limited, it’s probably same or worst than my phantom 3 but want this bird to see how the quality of the camera performs. Been 4K under $500 dollars is very attractive.
The camera is not as good. The drone is big, quiet and slow with low range.
It makes a lot more sense to have a backup machine that uses the same batteries and charger.

True that, about interchangeable parts. Well I should say i hope this P4 lasts me many years, so a "backup" is something to use to play around with and use in case i needed to replace my P4 with another P4. Since its cheap, knowing the range isnt as far etc. Perhaps let the kids use it too. But thanks for adding the camera review, i have to watch some of that drone's videos still other than what ive seen on display at best buy.

I have the Typhoon Q500 4K. It is a nice bird for AP. It flies slow and smooth and it is quiet. The gimbal is excellent and the camera is very good. The controller has a built in screen with sunshade so no need to use a phone or tablet. Mine came with the steady grip which is a handheld gimbal controller with phone mount. It works very well. I also have the Wizard wand which is a second controller about the size of a candy bar. The Wizard wand has GPS so that the Q500 4K can track and follow it. The Wizard wand comes with a waterproof pouch so that you can use it safely in a raft or kayak. The batteries are cheap and there are adapters available to let you use standard batteries.
This is not a small quad. It is 500 mm motor circle and has 13" props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav