DJI Owners need to read this!

Possibly pricing on used DJI products will increase? If there turns out to be a supply issue....................

Guys the whole world is in a mess and till it’s over I pay
no attention to articles like that .
Its no telling how all this will turn out but I will deal
with whatever when that time comes.

When you realize that DJI IS and HAS ALWAYS Been about Profit and Bad Customer Service, this information should not surprise anyone!

I haven't purchased any DJI products in more than 2 years. Still have one Phantom 4 left!

Reactions: joefromga
So an article full of nothing but speculation, possibilities, and uncertainties. What's the point? It's like the posts we see here over and over again where people ask "when do you think DJI will release the Phantom 5, Mavic 3, Inspire 3, etc...). No one knows. Just wait it out and see how things go.

Of course they are laying off staff. Of course there are inventory shortages. There is also decreased demand right now. DJI isn't the only company in this situation. Look at the airline industry, auto industry, cruise industry. Just wait and see what happens after the pandemic before making these guesses at what the future holds. The article just seems like click-bait.

Read this article: NOT SURPRISING!

DJI Purging US Operations
It's not a surprise. But, DJI started winding down its presence a while back. It had a great store in Costa Mesa CA where it provided sales and service -- I had a P2V2+ repaired there while I waited once. But they closed it some time ago. The CA distribution and service center cannot be reached by phone, or email. Never could. It is a half hour from my house but I cannot drop a product off there -- no one to accept it. I did do a return once, and that went well, but had to get it there via Fedex. I have found some great 3PP service and parts sources, and have learned to do a lot myself. But, the tech support has become abysmal, and I don't do any updates anymore because if they go wrong, there's no help available as far as I can tell.

This topic is bullcrap. Sensationalistic reporting from a bored writer with no facts. I'd be happy to see this thread vanish.

I have to agree,this thing will be over when The Master above say's so and not before!!!!
Agree
It's not a surprise. But, DJI started winding down its presence a while back. It had a great store in Costa Mesa CA where it provided sales and service -- I had a P2V2+ repaired there while I waited once. But they closed it some time ago. The CA distribution and service center cannot be reached by phone, or email. Never could. It is a half hour from my house but I cannot drop a product off there -- no one to accept it. I did do a return once, and that went well, but had to get it there via Fedex. I have found some great 3PP service and parts sources, and have learned to do a lot myself. But, the tech support has become abysmal, and I don't do any updates anymore because if they go wrong, there's no help available as far as I can tell.
Wrong i have called and spoke with them several times at the US # but do know all call's to CA are transferred to Asia.
Got that from the one person with DJI I know that lives in Lake Tahoe.I thought i was talking to a US citizen but was wrong.
This topic is bullcrap. Sensationalistic reporting from a bored writer with no facts. I'd be happy to see this thread vanish.
Agree with you 100% and if it continues as it is i will close it.

Guys lets try and not get wound up,I know everyone is bored ,locked down in some places and just want to vent but this is not the place.
Stay safe folks.

Reactions: JeffreyS
I call BS on this article! It's throwing together a bunch of speculations and rumors. Not seeing much in the way of factual matter!

Agree seems like click bait,,I had another reply from them overnight so they about somewhere
20200409_073208.jpg

Hey all. Maybe I’m not the only one, but I deal a lot with mainland China. I am corporate sales manager for a brand of Chinese equipment called BYD forklifts. The Chinese have a different way of thinking of things. We become very spoiled in our countries by banging our fists on desks and demanding you know what top secret info they know, and laws exist that you get it. The Chinese government is different. They are Like the psychiatric patient that smiles and tells the doctor “everything is great”. Do you all remember the article I posted (I believe in November) about the local DJI dealer sending out a letter? They weren’t going to send anything to the U.S for a while. Everyone started speculating it was because of Chinese New Year, or restructuring. Well, now we “really” know why. The Chinese people themselves are fantastic, and hard workers. But the leadership? That’s a different story. We can all speculate. But don’t dismiss anything that’s being put out in the news. It’s probably half true, because the worst part is not public. But I agree with Thunderhorse. “ I have to agree,this thing will be over when The Master above say's so and not before!!!!”. No need to panic. Panic is the truth killer. The Chinese I deal with are more than willing to give good info and help, until everyone keeps pointing the blaming finger at them. Then they clam up, and speculation begins

Read this article: NOT SURPRISING!

DJI Purging US Operations

DJI is in an enemy nation. The world is about to evict China for its crimes of mass genocide against the world, from the world economy. We ourselves are purging Chinese made components from our purchasing decisions. It was ludicrous to do business with an enemy nation to begin with.

Reactions: MTO
When you realize that DJI IS and HAS ALWAYS Been about Profit and Bad Customer Service, this information should not surprise anyone!

I haven't purchased any DJI products in more than 2 years. Still have one Phantom 4 left!
I had my drone repaired in the Netherlands in February, and in Germany in March. Best customer service ever and excellent prices! The first drone was actually replaced for a new one for EUR 200.

Best thing that could happen I dont buy new I buy used and there is so many I mean tons of used phantoms and mavics for sale on craigslist on letgo and best part is the Corona virus has made prices drop cause everyone is out of work Yessss I'm loving how cheap everything is. People struggling and need money so everything cheap cheap cheap.

I have had nothing but great service from DJI. I have a Phantom 4PTo and a Phantom 4 both have crashed (my fault) and they have replaced both with new drones. The first cost me $125.00 the last crash with my Pro cost $270.00. Quick turn around no issues. When I say crash, I mean big time crash!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers