DJI new releases coming April 23rd, help me decide.

I've never heard the 23rd from anyone but 9245. I'm guessing DJI's announcements will be tomorrow at the NAB-Vegas opening.

I thought that was today? The sources I got it from all mentioned Vegas as well, so that's probably it.

No, but I have had horrible experience with FedEx in the past. In this case they delivered it OK, but it was still not incident free. I found out that if I signed up on their site I could get a slightly better estimate than "by the end of the day," they estimated 1:05-3:00. The package arrived at 12:00 right when I was getting ready to leave to run a quick errand, I barely recieved it.

I'm not overly upset about that, my issue with them is that in the past I had an issue with the driver just flat not delivering. He would either not show up at all (when I am deliberately staying home all day waiting) and just punch into the computer that he tried but no one was home, or he would not even get the box out of the truck, just get out of the truck, missed delivery sticker in hand, and leave it on the door. Repeated calls to customer service resulted in nothing but them repeatedly saying that I was not home (when I deliberately was) that they would not attempt delivery more than three times and that if I wanted my package I would have to drive an hour and a half (each way) to their distribution center. I managed to intercept the lying bastard on day three, sticker in hand but no box.
Agree about your experience with lazy courier drivers who do "sewer service" delivery of packages. With a restricted delivery, requiring your physical presence, you are literally held hostage at home waiting for them to show up, and when they do, they don't ring the doorbell, but only do a hit and run to the door with a not at home tag! :eek: Only by getting the inside numbers of the dispatch managers will they ever be held accountable!

If you enroll online with a free FedEx account for yourself, FedEx will notify you the minute any package leaves it's shipping point, headed to your address, from any vendor. At that point you can divert the delivery location of any undelivered package, real time, changing it to a local FedEx Kinkos store in your area, allowing you to stop by at your convenience to sign and pick it up.

UPS has this too.
That only works if there is a perfect match with your name on the account and the package addressee. If an initial is used for the first name, it fails. Ask me how I know! :eek:

I would never wait for an as yet unannounced new product from DJI when making a purchase decision relating to use of the product at an upcoming event within 2 weeks. All DJI products are buggy at release to some degree. It takes several months and firmware updates and manufacturing tweaks to get it right. Early adopters are the unpaid beta testers. Also, most initial deliveries are delayed well beyond the date promised at release. Only a mature product available for walk-in purchase at a retail store can be depended for mission critical work. You made the right choice! :cool:

Reactions: John Locke
I thought that was today? The sources I got it from all mentioned Vegas as well, so that's probably it.
It appears they have an event tonight in Vegas doing the announcements. Rick from Drone Valley is there tonight. You can follow him on Twitter if you want info as it happens. @dronevalley1

It appears DJI has an event tonight in Vegas doing the announcements. Rick from Drone Valley is there tonight. You can follow him on Twitter if you want info as it happens. @dronevalley1

That's good to know. I'll make sure to avoid using initials in my shipping address. Thanks pal.
The real problem occurs if the shipper uses your initial instead of your registered first name, and you cannot register your initial as an AKA and successfully get notifications based upon the initial match. :cool:

Why would you want to film the most boring event known to mankind? I did not even go to my own, let alone would I go to someone else's, including my child's. I would convince her to let me take her do something fun instead.

Because I worked hard for it and it is important to me. It is also a right of passage.

Reactions: jryser

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart