DJI Mavic 2 confirmed by Argos (specs & model names)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Argos just leaked some kind of advertisement/flyer that contains more specs about the Mavic 2. It'll be available in the following models:
The notable specs are as follows:
  • 1080p video transmission
  • 8km (4.9 miles) transmission distance
  • Max speed of 20 m/s (44 mph)
  • Max flight time of 31 minutes
  • APAS
  • ActiveTrack 2.0
  • Omnidirectional obstacle avoidance
Additional Mavic 2 Pro specs:
Additional Mavic 2 Zoom specs:

Argos1.jpg

Argos4.jpg

Argos2.jpg

Argos3.jpg

Here’s a video from Ash (of DroningON) showing the Argos catalog:

This also confirms what the cancelled "See the Bigger Picture" announcement was going to be about:

EventConfirmed.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this earlier. Wonder if dji forgot to tell them to pull the add cause it isn’t released yet. Lol.

Wow.....DJI just killed the new Phantom 4 Pro-II product line completly. There is now ZERO reason left that I can see to buy one!

A one-inch CMOS is not the only deciding factor here. Weve heard no claims of MP rating, not to mention no claims of mechanical shutter. The framerate and max resolution are unknown, nor is the bitrate/write speed. Id not call it a Phantom killer just yet.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Hasselblad's involvement in the camera development suggests it's an all new camera and one would expect it to be high quality.
It will be interesting to see how it stacks up.
It might also be interesting to see what they might have been working on for the next Phantom.

Reactions: Dronefriend
A one-inch CMOS is not the only deciding factor here. Weve heard no claims of MP rating, not to mention no claims of mechanical shutter. The framerate and max resolution are unknown, nor is the bitrate/write speed. Id not call it a Phantom killer just yet.
If it was made or designed by Hasselblad chances are it’s a step or two above the phantom 4 Pro line. I would expect to see maybe a little higher mp photos,same video except with a couple more stops in dynamic range and pre loaded LUTS to choose from. Really depends on how cheap dji told them to make it.

Here's the scan of the "catalogue" page:
mavic2hr.jpg

Last edited:
If any of you have an existing copy of the catalogue, is it possible to read out what type of lens is mounted on the Pro? 24mm eq?

This is great news for private droning. I am kind of interested in what the Phantom 5 will bring in terms of camera specs for professional work.

It might be the same sensor size as M2, but glass might be of higher quality because of bigger size and separate from the house, with option to go 35 and 50 mm, and you may also be able to go for higher mbit/s. Maybe 200 mbit/s h264 and full size SD cards as opposed to micro-SD..that would make D-Log a real option too..

Time to sell the P4P though!

This is going to be a world class upgrade. I got the V2.0 and have zero regrets, but if I was a Mavic guy (and I almost was) this would be a must have. Another great DJI drone.

If any of you have an existing copy of the catalogue, is it possible to read out what type of lens is mounted on the Pro? 24mm eq?

This is great news for private droning. I am kind of interested in what the Phantom 5 will bring in terms of camera specs for professional work.

It might be the same sensor size as M2, but glass might be of higher quality because of bigger size and separate from the house, with option to go 35 and 50 mm, and you may also be able to go for higher mbit/s. Maybe 200 mbit/s h264 and full size SD cards as opposed to micro-SD..that would make D-Log a real option too..

Time to sell the P4P though!
Someone with more authority within DJI has officially confirmed to CNET that the new Mavic’s are comming abd further detail will be released “at the proper time” DJI confirms Mavic 2 Pro is on the way with different lens options

Someone with more authority within DJI has officially confirmed to CNET that the new Mavic’s are comming abd further detail will be released “at the proper time” DJI confirms Mavic 2 Pro is on the way with different lens options
They later corrected the article:
"Correction July 30th, 6:55PM ET: This article originally stated that DJI had confirmed the Mavic 2 would support interchangeable lenses; while has been rumored, the confirmed advertisement actually points to there being two separate models of the Mavic 2, instead of one model with swappable lenses."

They later corrected the article:
"Correction July 30th, 6:55PM ET: This article originally stated that DJI had confirmed the Mavic 2 would support interchangeable lenses; while has been rumored, the confirmed advertisement actually points to there being two separate models of the Mavic 2, instead of one model with swappable lenses."
So one model has a zoom lens it seems.... interesting times.

Right. See the first post in this thread ;)
I saw your post. And? You already said it? First even perhaps? That’s cool with me... you can have that award...... you provided a good summary of what we might expect.

My comment (response to ryantrax) was simply that it seemed likely from the ongoing coverage of the issue the lens difference will be one model has a zoom.

it seemed likely from the ongoing coverage of the issue the lens difference will be one model has a zoom
You got it. That's what the ad I posted above shows too. Only the "Mavic 2 Zoom" model comes with the camera that has an optical zoom.

Haasalblad. The name conjures up images of astronauts on the moon. Expensive medium format film cameras. Full spread magazine shoots.

Except that in the modern era, Hasselblad has been relegated to a bit player. It's digital efforts were canned long ago.

Now it gets interesting, to quote Wikipedia:

"In late 2015, aerial photography and drone manufacturer DJI acquired minority interest in Hasselblad. In early January 2017, some reports, citing reliable sources, indicated that DJI had since acquired majority interest. These reports have not been verified by either company to date but have not been denied.[14] In July 2018, Dji's Mavic 2 pro drone was advertised by UK based retail shopping company Argos. This drone was the first to carry a camera featuring the Hasselblad branding."

So, DJI bought out whatever is remaining at Hassy. Basically, the name. And then they stick it on the Mavic 2.

So we really have no idea what actually is on the craft. A brand new, in house sensor and optics package? Perhaps, DJI just might be big enough to justify that. Maybe. A new rebranded Sony? Maybe somebody else.

Basically it is wait and see as always.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Haasalblad. The name conjures up images of astronauts on the moon. Expensive medium format film cameras. Full spread magazine shoots.

Except that in the modern era, Hasselblad has been relegated to a bit player. It's digital efforts were canned long ago.

Now it gets interesting, to quote Wikipedia:

"In late 2015, aerial photography and drone manufacturer DJI acquired minority interest in Hasselblad. In early January 2017, some reports, citing reliable sources, indicated that DJI had since acquired majority interest. These reports have not been verified by either company to date but have not been denied.[14] In July 2018, Dji's Mavic 2 pro drone was advertised by UK based retail shopping company Argos. This drone was the first to carry a camera featuring the Hasselblad branding."

So, DJI bought out whatever is remaining at Hassy. Basically, the name. And then they stick it on the Mavic 2.

So we really have no idea what actually is on the craft. A brand new, in house sensor and optics package? Perhaps, DJI just might be big enough to justify that. Maybe. A new rebranded Sony? Maybe somebody else.

Basically it is wait and see as always.
We do know, from history, Chinese entities have a propensity to buy out established big names in various industries and the following products lack the same quality as those that we were accustomed to. Its a great way to add a sense of prestige and perceived quality.

So, if this is the case, why Phantom 4 Pro Version II? It makes basically no sense.

I mean, the P4P had the best camera and they take the time to release a version II model but it gets trumped 2 months later by a smaller, cheaper product with a better camera...and a zoom option. Huh?

Why not just release the MP MK II and THEN release the P5P.

Why produce a product that wasn't really even needed (P4PII) and immediately screw all the people that bought it (I only own the P4P1 by the way) by releasing something with a better camera and a lower cost?

Does not compute...

So, if this is the case, why Phantom 4 Pro Version II? It makes basically no sense.

I mean, the P4P had the best camera and they take the time to release a version II model but it gets trumped 2 months later by a smaller, cheaper product with a better camera...and a zoom option. Huh?

Why not just release the MP MK II and THEN release the P5P.

Why produce a product that wasn't really even needed (P4PII) and immediately screw all the people that bought it (I only own the P4P1 by the way) by releasing something with a better camera and a lower cost?

Does not compute...
I agree with you in that it is screwing customers, but it does compute. For DJI. Would they sell the remaining, probably higher margin-Phantom 4 P’s, if they released MP2 half a year ago? Probably not..

They earn more this way. As a customer you should get used to this pattern. Do not buy the ”upgrade” v2 that is released a long time after the original product.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20