DJI Is Locking Down Its Drones Against a Growing Army of DIY Hackers

You're certainly not the only one.
I came across this article as well. When it comes to the military using Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products, especially from foreign sources, it's "guilty, until proven innocent". They understand that even unclassified information can be assembled and mixed with data from other sources, to help your adversary (OPSEC). Let's remember that the government of China is NOT our friend.

Sell your drone and by one from another manufacturer. If you really want to show your displeasure, that is how you should handle this. If you really think that they are so bad, get rid of it and find another.

Reactions: N017RW
Sell your drone and by one from another manufacturer. If you really want to show your displeasure, that is how you should handle this. If you really think that they are so bad, get rid of it and find another.
I have a Typhoon H. Eagerly awaiting the 520 and E90.

OK, newbie question here. I will not have my new P3P in my hands until friday. I understand about not updating the apps on my tablet. My question is this, how do I not allow an update to the firmware? Keep it off wifi? TIA

OK, newbie question here. I will not have my new P3P in my hands until friday. I understand about not updating the apps on my tablet. My question is this, how do I not allow an update to the firmware? Keep it off wifi? TIA
Firmware updates to the aircraft and controller are 100% manual things,so there is no worry about that.

Every time I see my app say that I 'must' update the firmware, I always reply to it with "no I don't" :)

i actually dont mind all the restrictions and limits in the stock firmware. it will help keep the amateurs from doing stupid stuff.

with these drones getting cheap to the point where most anyone can afford them there will be a growing number of people who could care less about safe flying and will do incredibly stupid things left to their own ways. and the media will be all over that.

these restrictions wont stop anyone who REALLY wants to break the rules, there will always be ways around it, but it will keep amateurs in check.

self regulations vs government regulation? ill take self every time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl