DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 series

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 se

I updated my firmware to 3.6.. and I upgraded one of my two batteries, no problems. Then, I went to update the second battery, and now it's saying it's not a valid battery, and I can't turn the phantom off.. each time I try to reset the phantom, it just beeps like it's starting up and stays on. Then I noticed that the 2 middle bars were lighting up on the battery, and that's it. Any ideas? This is an authentic DJI battery from DJI.

Is it possible to downgrade to 1.08 from 3.6?
Has anyone tried this yet?

Due to crappy weather I only had the chance to go out today and see what all the updates did.

"Today I had opportunity to test upgrade results. Pretty soon Vision app told that: "Not enough power to return home""
SAME PROBLEM here too as AnselA above ! :evil:

On the ground when I first turned everything on, it all linked up and camera was on. Before even taking off I got "Phantom connection broken" error. Stayed there for 3 minutes even if app closed/restarted so I had to power cycle the bird to fix it. Did fly fine after that until low battery warning sound, then the "not enough power" issue as above, although it was 10m away...guess it can't tell it's almost home anyway !
So...more bugs to sort DJI :mrgreen:
P.S.Get a G-O-O-D software tester :mrgreen:
CurrenT

The low and critical battery points are too close together at 20% and 15% and they still can't be configured !
C'mon DJI - at least give us a range option like low battery - adjustable from 20% to 30%, critical from 10% to 15% eh ???

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 649

DJI removed the ability for users to configure battery levels a few upgrades ago.
Seems they believe the potential negatives of users setting their own limits outweighs the gain for those users that do it intelligently.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to ever come back.

Yes I know but if they offer a predetermined adjustment range that doesn't compromise the essence of low and critical battery warnings then what's the harm?

This is the first time I've upgraded as I was happy with 1.0.8 all this time. Just so everyone doesn't get the impression this update is terrible I can honestly say I'm having no problems. I guess most posts point out the problems rather than lack of them so this is just for a little balance.

Even though the wind in the UK right now isn't ideal for flying I've managed 3 flights and my phantom is behaving just fine so its not all doom and gloom with this update.

RichW said:
This is the first time I've upgraded as I was happy with 1.0.8 all this time. Just so everyone doesn't get the impression this update is terrible I can honestly say I'm having no problems. I guess most posts point out the problems rather than lack of them so this is just for a little balance.

Even though the wind in the UK right now isn't ideal for flying I've managed 3 flights and my phantom is behaving just fine so its not all doom and gloom with this update.

same here, the only glitch i has was the battery update on the first v3.4 assistant on mac.

why is one 77 dollars and the other 175 ?

I have also not ran into any problems with this update besides the battery update glitch. Been flying in some super windy weather since and all is well

robinb said:
why is one 77 dollars and the other 175 ?

That's the $98.00 question... :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

-slinger

I am having a not enough power to return to home point message. Does not stop me from flying yet annoying and confusing.

un hombre said:
I am having a not enough power to return to home point message. Does not stop me from flying yet annoying and confusing.

Agree. But the message would be useful, if it were true. And to my understanding it indicates battery firmware incompatibility?

AnselA said:
un hombre said:

Agree. But the message would be useful, if it were true. And to my understanding it indicates battery firmware incompatibility?

I hope not, battery seems fine, no problems whatsoever, no early landing or return home.

un hombre said:

I start seeing these messages that I won't have enough power to go home with more than 50 percent remaining

un hombre said:
AnselA said:
un hombre said:

I hope not, battery seems fine, no problems whatsoever, no early landing or return home.

IMHO, "Intellingent" battery giving false warnings is not OK. Mine had 72% charge and distance to home 30 m, and warns "not enough power to return to home point"...

gunslinger said:
$175?! [emoji33]
It's listed $99 on their main site! DJI go home, you're drunk.

I agree the message is not OK, not really something desireble, but as long as it does not trigger anything stupid and autoland, I can live with that for a while. In one situation this message appeared one after another in a period of one minute, but oh well... Hope it is only an app problem.

Ok it did the same thing again today - lost connection but came up again within a few seconds this time around,no need to power cycle
But the old gremlin of no visual low battery warning is back although I do get the audio warning.
Starting to get sick of this...
Am I the only one having low battery lack of warning issues ? :evil:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94