DJI Ground Station Model Differences

Reaction score
There are a lot of "used" GS's available (mostly people who bought with P2V+). I am planning on getting one but I am curious about the model discrepancies. DJI is notorious for making small adjustments without explaining the details. For example, I have noticed some air-end data links have a metal casing and some a factory shrink wrap. I assume the shrink wrap is newest and preferred.
Are there other differences I should pay attention to when buying used?
Is there a way to tell which 'model' the GS is using the S/N or date code?
Anything else I should watch for with a used unit?

Thanks!

If it has the shrink wrap casing it's either the more expensive 900MHz version, or a much older version of the common 2.4GHz model...still the same hardware though.

It gets confusing because DJI has marketed the 2.4GHz model under numerous titles:
-Wookong Groundstation (the GS was originally released as an accessory for that flight controller)
-Groundstation
-2.4GHz Data Link
-PC Groundstation
-iPad Groundstation

Same core hardware in all of them, some just just included the BTU module too once the iPad interface was released.

And that's saying nothing about the similar but different Vision Waypoints app :D

Thanks, that helps a lot! The names were getting confusing. Your post begs me to ask about the differences in the Vision App... Thanks again though, I am excited to pick one up.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1