DJI Goggles - comparison

Reaction score
Good evening,

I'm going to pull the trigger and get goggles, really interested in the DJI brand, not others. I try to find the comparison of the regular vs RE and can't find a good concise layout of the differences between. I tried searching here as well.

I have the P4Pv2.0 I don't plan on racing, not sure I will use the goggles for other than the drone viewing.

Thanks

Goggles with this much realism and unobstructed view is NOT for everyone. Apache helicopter pilots "wash out" because their eyes/brains don't receive and process the information well, using some optics. No kidding. I was an engineer on the program for 10 years.
You hear people say that they hate the DJI goggles. Don't like, but hate? Got to be why.

I absolutely love my goggles with my V2.0.

You REALLY need the RE's to take advantage of the automatic switching frequencies on the V2.0. If you link the white goggles it will lock out the 5.8ghz freq. on the V2.0 software until you open it back up with a pair of RE's. I don't think DJI has a clue that this happens.
BUY THE RE's for V2.0

I also ordered the DJI Goggles today for my P4PV2 and MP.

Reactions: Cyngen
... If you link the white goggles it will lock out the 5.8ghz freq. on the V2.0 software until you open it back up with a pair of RE's. I don't think DJI has a clue that this happens.
BUY THE RE's for V2.0

It's by design, 5.8Ghz is locked out because the white goggles only work in 2.4Ghz spectrum when paired to the drone. If you want 5.8 back, re-link the radio controller (which will reset the settings). I did have the white goggles initially, but decided to switch soon after I got my V2 for the differences listed in mslinger's link.

After reading everything that I could find I'm going to return the V1 DJI (white) Goggles to Amazon that are arriving tomorrow without opening the box and I just ordered the V2 DJI (black) Goggles RE which I should receive this Friday, 05/10/19.

Reactions: Blindman and Cyngen
Good choice, remember to screw on the supplied antenna if you've set your frequency to auto, or 5.8 exclusively.

Reactions: Cyngen
Follow up Question: I ordered the RE goggles yesterday and should have them here tomorrow (Friday). Is it possible to lock out flight control using the P4Pv2? I'm looking over the manual and want to see about that. There are times others would be wearing the goggles and i don't want them taking over flight control, like neighbors son who is a drone fanatic or grandkids :)

I would like a way to have them just view what i control, and maybe an opportunity to control the gimbal only. If that makes sense

Thanks,
Kurt

I'm still learning my new DJI Goggles RE but did discover that I could shut off everything in the Main Screen Live View except for a fantastic uncluttered Forward Live View. Once you have an uncluttered Forward Live View and no programmed Flight Modes such as Head Tracking Mode just swipe two fingers to the left on the Goggle's Touch Panel and you'll make the Touch Panel un-functional locking out any way that a viewer can affect the flight unless they know how to unlock the Touch Panel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic