DJI GO4 update

Updated my iOS iPad Pro 10.5 and Mavic and latest Spark, both birds works fine. On spark latest FW, Wi-Fi and USB direct attach cable to RC. So far, no issues.
Will keep testing. I stoped upgrading on my iPad mini 2 and 4.
Best regards,
Steve.

Ps the 32 channel no longer works.

I had a problem. Flying my P4 with a new IPad Pro running IOS 11.1.1.

The App froze totally, twice. I had to double tap the IPad home button, completely close the App and restart it. I was well over water and flying under 20 feet, filming dolphins.

Not a good experience to say the least. The App had never frozen on me like that before in over 300 hours of flight.

I can’t use the Go 4 app since it came out on my iPad mini 4 with my P4, so I rolled back to stand iOS DJI 2.12 and it’s used for that bird only.

The iPad Pro is used for the P4Pro, Mavic and Spark.

The older Go app uses less CPU Power demands and the P4 has a different downlink demand and works well with the older Go app. The Best app was when I purchase the P4 back in March 2016. I wish I never upgraded the FW and Apps.

Hope that helps.

any DJI Go 4 over 4.1.9 wont open on older android devices not running above 5.1.1,
as I spent about 4 hours finding out, after hitting update for my sins earlier.
4.1.10 and above just wont open, and crashes,
had to find a old 4.1.9 APK.

Bazza let us know how you get on if you are going to try DJIGO4 4.1.17 on you ipad mini 4 and what IOS version you have on it..
cheers

Was flying yesterday. Bad reception to the mini 4. Green screen flashing up. The feed was nowhere near good enough to fly and film a smooth shot.

I tried both 2.4 & 5.8, it didn’t make any difference.

Memory was cleared before hand etc.

All the footage on the chip was fine but I couldn’t be sure what I was shooting at the time.

With my intended use this fault doesn’t really stop me but for filming scenes it’s a non starter really.

Conditions were good but windy no outside WiFi local phone off.

I can’t use the Go 4 app since it came out on my iPad mini 4 with my P4, so I rolled back to stand iOS DJI 2.12 and it’s used for that bird only.

The iPad Pro is used for the P4Pro, Mavic and Spark.

The older Go app uses less CPU Power demands and the P4 has a different downlink demand and works well with the older Go app. The Best app was when I purchase the P4 back in March 2016. I wish I never upgraded the FW and Apps.

Hope that helps.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by iOS DJI 2.12? Is that the App version or the IOS version?

Was flying yesterday. Bad reception to the mini 4. Green screen flashing up. The feed was nowhere near good enough to fly and film a smooth shot.

I tried both 2.4 & 5.8, it didn’t make any difference.

Memory was cleared before hand etc.

All the footage on the chip was fine but I couldn’t be sure what I was shooting at the time.

With my intended use this fault doesn’t really stop me but for filming scenes it’s a non starter really.

Conditions were good but windy no outside WiFi local phone off.
It sounds like you have symptoms of the iPad overheating. By chance are you flying with a plastic cover over the back of the iPad, which wont' let the Mini4 dissipate heat adequate? Is your ambient temps above 95F by chance? This doesn't sound like a reception issue between the radio and the craft, based on your description. If the craft was flying OK and you didn't disconnect, it was likely an iPad issue IMO.

FYI, your iPad doesn't receive data direct from the craft, its only a display device. The RC is what receives and transmits the data to and from the craft. The RC, after receiving the video data, sends it to the iPad for decompression and display. You can fly the craft with the RC only, you don't need the iPad if you fly VLOS, but of course you won't have FPV.

Last edited:
No problems here
But just about every other time I start up it ask me to calibrate the IMU
I do it so it flys fine
Are you saying you calibrate the IMU when the prompt pops up? I get that occasional warning along with the wind warnings and simply ignore them.

No problems here
But just about every other time I start up it ask me to calibrate the IMU
I do it so it flys fine
That shouldn't happen. If you're calibrating the IMU on a level surface it should keep that calibration for a long time. I haven't calibrated my IMU in over a year. If it's asking you to calibrate that much I would be worried something is wrong with the IMU unit, assuming you're calibrating is correctly on a level surface. Same goes with the compass, you shouldn't have to calibrate that very often, but if you are launching in area with lots of metal nearby, you will sometimes get a false calibration prompt, in which case you really only need to relocate your launch site to another area, away from all the metal, instead of calibrating. Never recalibrate the compass on the first prompt because you are most likely in a poor area with magnetic disturbances, which triggered the calibration prompt in the first place. Always move to an open field away from all metal, and if it's still giving you the calibration prompt (which is rare), then calibrate like normal.

With latest update on the Firmware and P4, I get a beep on every occasion that I switch on the Controller indicating need to calibrate Controller sticks. Is there anything unusual about this as it was never the case before the latest update.

It sounds like you have symptoms of the iPad overheating. By chance are you flying with a plastic cover over the back of the iPad, which wont' let the Mini4 dissipate heat adequate? Is your ambient temps above 95F by chance? This doesn't sound like a reception issue between the radio and the craft, based on your description. If the craft was flying OK and you didn't disconnect, it was likely an iPad issue IMO.

FYI, your iPad doesn't receive data direct from the craft, its only a display device. The RC is what receives and transmits the data to and from the craft. The RC, after receiving the video data, sends it to the iPad for decompression and display. You can fly the craft with the RC only, you don't need the iPad if you fly VLOS, but of course you won't have FPV.
Absolutely no overheating. I'm in the UK. It's cold here. The ipad never even got moderately warm. I haven't been able to fly since the last time but will pay careful attention to all settings next time.

When I say not good enough to film, I mean the reception was so poor you can't see what your pointing the camera at. For stills it's a case of position P4p wait for screen to catch up and show a live view, then shoot

I have a P4 and have been using my Samsung S8 for a screen. I am about to purchase an Apple 10.5 inch I Pad Pro (newest generation) with Wi-Fi & Celluar 64 GB.
Anyone have experience with this tablet? I went on the DJI recommendation list and this tablet is listed but the green & yellow dots are not next to this table (2017 IPad Pro) which supposedly signifies their recommendation.

I have a P4 and have been using my Samsung S8 for a screen. I am about to purchase an Apple 10.5 inch I Pad Pro (newest generation) with Wi-Fi & Celluar 64 GB.
Anyone have experience with this tablet? I went on the DJI recommendation list and this tablet is listed but the green & yellow dots are not next to this table (2017 IPad Pro) which supposedly signifies their recommendation.
On RC Groups I have heard Tahoe Ed was indicating there are issues with iOS11, but wasn't clear exactly what it was. I think a new iPadPro would likely have the new iOS11 loaded.

On RC Groups I have heard Tahoe Ed was indicating there are issues with iOS11, but wasn't clear exactly what it was. I think a new iPadPro would likely have the new iOS11 loaded.
I have the iPad Pro (1st quarter 2017) with latest IOS. GO4 works perfectly with P4. I also run Litchi which is fine. Love this pad!

Geo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT