DJI GO UPDATE !

Reaction score
We want control since you can not fly it lol

I saw this as I was about to update the app on my android I now have serious doubt if I should update it...

Screenshot_20180318-061933.png
Screenshot_20180318-061933.png

It’s sounds more devious than it really is. I think it sounds this bad because of translation from Chinese. But always be careful with firmware updates.

It’s sounds more devious than it really is. I think it sounds this bad because of translation from Chinese. But always be careful with firmware updates.
Just to be sure everyone understands, this is NOT a firmware update. It IS a software update with the objective of keeping the AC on the ground if it detects you are attempting to fly anywhere they say it is unsafe to do so. It is not evil. They're just trying to prevent idiots from flying too close to United 1049 inbound from Chicago.

Just to be sure everyone understands, this is NOT a firmware update. It IS a software update with the objective of keeping the AC on the ground if it detects you are attempting to fly anywhere they say it is unsafe to do so. It is not evil. They're just trying to prevent idiots from flying too close to United 1049 inbound from Chicago.

Thank You for the clarification

Question; if the software controls where you fly, how do you override the software if you have a waiver?
I live within 5 miles of a small civilian airport and I have permission from the "tower" to fly within pre-approved parameters. (under 250ft and 1 mile radius).

Reactions: gmonatl

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl