Dji Go update next week

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if there will be any new Intelligent Flight Modes added for the Phantom 4 on the Dji Go App next week?

When I sign into my dji go app 4 it says next week to make sure I sign in on wifi and to be ready to put in my username and password again because there is a new version of the dji go app 4 that is coming next week. It also says if you do not update, your aircraft will have limited flight?! So I was wondering what would be new with new the version of the Dji Go App 4 next week?

When I sign into my dji go app 4 it says next week to make sure I sign in on wifi and to be ready to put in my username and password again because there is a new version of the dji go app 4 that is coming next week. It also says if you do not update, your aircraft will have limited flight?! So I was wondering what would be new with new the version of the Dji Go App 4 next week?
What's New
Added support for Spark:
-Added advanced gesture controls.
-Added horizontal and vertical panoramas.
-Added ShallowFocus shooting mode.
-Added QuickShot Mode.
-Added Coordinate Mode.
Matrice 200:
-Added support for the Matrice 200 and AirSense.
Editor
-Added some new filters and opening scenes.
-Updated the music library.
General:
-After updating, users is required to log into their DJI account once.
-Added a feature that allows no-fly zones to update in real time.

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 - Android Apps on Google Play

Have any brave P4 souls tried the new app yet? If so, what are your experiences? I'm sure that the new flight modes that were in beta testing require a firmware update as well, but I'm doubtful that we will ever see that. My #1 firmware request would be to fix the tilted horizon issue, as that can plague my pics and videos, unless I really limit my flying.

Please report back with your experiences if you updated to the new Go4 app on an IOS device.

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I have a P4 6 months now. This site is great for gen, have to say. I was apprehensive too about doing this update but I did it last night, 277mb on the iPhone and iPad, logged on immediately after, took it for 2 batteries worth of flying today and all was well.

I used the updated feature where it uses the mic on the iPhone/iPad and applies it to the recordings. Nice feature actually.

I took it out to 1000m downrange and 1500' up. All good.

To those nervous about the upgrade, it should be fine! It's all very self-explanatory and intuitive.

I update 2 days ago, flow my 4 several times and I have not noticed any difference. I have flown long distance, no change. No limitation I could find.

Keep flying

I update 2 days ago, flow my 4 several times and I have not noticed any difference. I have flown long distance, no change. No limitation I could find.

Keep flying

Same here. All seems ok. No issues noted.

It's a bit odd for me.

My Android phone updated immediately but my Android tablet is still at 4.07 and when checking for an update, it says it is current.

We'll see how it goes over the weekend. No flying problems with either version.

AD

What's New
Added support for Spark:
-Added advanced gesture controls.
-Added QuickShot Mode.
-Added Coordinate Mode.
Matrice 200:
-Added support for the Matrice 200 and AirSense.
Editor
-Added some new filters and opening scenes.
-Updated the music library.
General:
-After updating, users is required to log into their DJI account once.
-Added a feature that allows no-fly zones to update in real time.

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 - Android Apps on Google Play

So are the items:

"-Added advanced gesture controls.
-Added QuickShot Mode.
-Added Coordinate Mode."

also valid for Phantom 4 pro?

+++++Can someone advise if I can use Ipad with Ipad. I plan a trip Wed and with not have access for downloads that day > was hoping to fly my drone. I looked at the DJI download page and it did not have a new date for update.
Is there any limit or is when the update is release I will be locked to lower speed and height.

It there a link for new update what ids the rev # for Apple Ipad thanks

Have any brave P4 souls tried the new app yet? If so, what are your experiences? I'm sure that the new flight modes that were in beta testing require a firmware update as well, but I'm doubtful that we will ever see that. My #1 firmware request would be to fix the tilted horizon issue, as that can plague my pics and videos, unless I really limit my flying.

Please report back with your experiences if you updated to the new Go4 app on an IOS device.
No issues. Works fine. The same as before

+++++Can someone advise if I can use Ipad with Ipad. I plan a trip Wed and with not have access for downloads that day > was hoping to fly my drone. I looked at the DJI download page and it did not have a new date for update.
Is there any limit or is when the update is release I will be locked to lower speed and height.

It there a link for new update what ids the rev # for Apple Ipad thanks

Here's the new version released on 27th may:
DJI GO 4-For Phantom 4 Series, Mavic and Inspire 2 on the App Store

Josh_Ex, just to confirm, the update is in the DJI app on your iPad/tablet whatever. Have you selected your App Store (or equivalent) icon and checked for updates there.

Seeing as DJI are pushing it out, it should go to anyone with a DJI GO 4 app installed.

It isn't an update on the DJI Assistant program on your PC, etc.

Josh_Ex, just to confirm, the update is in the DJI app on your iPad/tablet whatever. Have you selected your App Store (or equivalent) icon and checked for updates there.

Seeing as DJI are pushing it out, it should go to anyone with a DJI GO 4 app installed.

It isn't an update on the DJI Assistant program on your PC, etc.
Im using the P4P + with the remote that have a screen, the dji app is on it i dont use a external tablet.

iPad Mini 2 (iOS 10.3.2) updated automatically to 4.1.0 on 5/26/17. Flew the P4 (no firmware updates req'd ) yesterday for the first time and had 3 instances of the S/W quitting and re-starting in mid flight over 40 minutes of flight time. Nothing else had changed so I'm assuming it's related to the DJI GO 4 upgrade. Seen a few other posts about video streaming quality issues and potential setting workarounds to slow down the bit rate. Will be trying those next opportunity.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl