DJI GO No Longer Works After IOS 11.1 (and 11.1.1) Update iPhone 7+

Reaction score
It appears to be confined to my iphone 7+. My iPad has same software config and is having no problem communicating with the drone. on the iPhone, it freezes. Deleted, redownloaded DJI GO app many times. Well crap.

On Thursday I went to my church to make a video of the building and property for our website. I have the latest update on my iPhone 7+ and the DJI GO kept opening up to Sky Pixel and I had to set up an account with them to finally get through to DJI GO. My P3P finally started. I then learned the hard way that my controls were not working properly. Upon lift off the drone took off backwards and did not respond at all and hit a picnic table. It suffered only one broken prop. After changing the prop and resetting my phone I finally got everything to work properly.

I have the same issue with the iPad mini 2. The app crashes constantly, unsafe to fly - grounded. Looked at getting a iPad Pro 10.5, well if you can get past the cost and size, does not fit in the holder and DJI does not offer a larger one. This is unbelievable. So many software issues this year. DJI has finally crashed their product line leaving many grounded. Needs to be a class action lawsuit.

Same with me. Upgraded from galaxy tab to a 'supported' iPad mini 3. Still won't connect. Tried several leads turned on and off a million different ways. Still no luck. Have boxed it up for a couple days. Amazed at the massive amount of issues and the complete lack of support. One has to question whether these drones are fit for purpose.

Note to DJI, your customers are revolting. I reckon this guy has right idea.
23af221449a8fe4d556f5b650ff85ec1.jpg

I have the same issue with the iPad mini 2. The app crashes constantly, unsafe to fly - grounded.
My Mini 2 crashed several times per flight with Go 4. Deleting and reinstalling the app seems to have fixed it.

Reactions: Seawolf
Works fine on my Mini 2 with iOS 11.1.1 and a Mavic Pro with latest firmware installed. I flew for almost an hour straight last weekend, only stopping to change batteries. No app crashes or disconnects.

same here. my ipad mini updated to 11.0.3. my video feed was scrolling a little so i read that turning on airplane mode would help. so i took off with my p3 pro and all was well for pre flight, went 40 yards and it shot up about 10 feet and dropped. broke the gimbal off the mount and pulled the wires out...glad i have my p4p+...any thoughts on whether the airplane mode would possibly cause an issue like that? thank you.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl