Dji go "enhanced warning zone"

Reaction score
it continually pops up on dji go with phantom 3 advanced like every minute or so anyway to disable this message? I can still fly but I have to confirm that I am responsible on the message and it won't stop popping up.

Reactions: Harleydude
it continually pops up on dji go with phantom 3 advanced like every minute or so anyway to disable this message? I can still fly but I have to confirm that I am responsible on the message and it won't stop popping up.
Annoying isn't it? I have the same issue. Not just that, but obstacle avoidance turned off, accept responsibility, Safety, over and over. I just hit the x and move on. Over the years this has become more and more prolific and annoying.
I think that if you use NLD, or Litchi then you won't have these. I think this is DJI becoming their a good partner to the FAA.

Annoying isn't it? I have the same issue. Not just that, but obstacle avoidance turned off, accept responsibility, Safety, over and over. I just hit the x and move on. Over the years this has become more and more prolific and annoying.
I think that if you use NLD, or Litchi then you won't have these. I think this is DJI becoming their a good partner to the FAA.
Yeah I want to get litchie but kinda expensive. If I ever get p4 I will probably get NLD but its not available for p3.

I can't even use GS Pro ANYWHERE in my city. And I do NOT live in NYC. I hacked my drone so I can fly it anywhere. But I can't seem to hack DJI's software. So I use 3rd-Party software for all my automation needs. DJI GS Pro us all but useless.

D

Reactions: quadrotor
I can't even use GS Pro ANYWHERE in my city. And I do NOT live in NYC. I hacked my drone so I can fly it anywhere. But I can't seem to hack DJI's software. So I use 3rd-Party software for all my automation needs. DJI GS Pro us all but useless.

D
What version is your drone?

What version is your drone?

Phantom 4 Pro. It's funny that I'm literally MILES outside any kind of controlled air space. So I can fly with DJI Go or Go 4 apps with no problem or warnings. Yet GS Pro has its mind made up that I can't fly. No real error messages other than the launch screen, which shows an exclamation point right next to "GPS." I have 14+ satellites. Nowhere near Class D or C. So who knows. I don't need it so I'm just going to chalk it up to being a piece of crap.

D

D
What's your preferred software for automation Harley?

What's your preferred software for automation Harley?

For still photos like mapping, I use Map Pilot. Due to some shortcomings and buggyness I have been using a legacy version 2.9.2. But I have tested the latest version 4.x.x and it seems to be stable. I'm not ready to fully commit to the latest version pending more testing.

For video I use AutoPilot. This software has been paramount for flying biweekly repeatable flights for construction clients.

Here's a quick-n-dirty test video...no color correction....just wanted to see if I could create something progressive.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

D

Reactions: dronesky
That’s really cool. How many different days over what time period is this?
Questions:
This is with AutoPilot? And Is that time lapse or just speeded up video? And if Time Lapse, What settIngs for your P4P? What’s the shortest interval for Raw Frames the P4p can shoot? Can it do every 2 sec?
Sorry for all the questions. Trying to get them all at once...

That’s really cool. How many different days over what time period is this?

Each edit represents 2 weeks. I think there are 22 edits so 44 weeks. I have since finished this project and have switched from Sony Vegas Pro 13 to Adobe Premiere Pro. I was hoping to use a "morphing" tool, but the Premiere morphing utility is designed to be use with static subjects, specifically faces, and therefore didn't work very well with this project. So instead each edit is painstakingly aligned, which is hugely difficult and time-consuming due to the fact that the Inspire 1 doesn't exactly fly the exact same pattern every time. Even slight variances in altitude of geospace change the perspective, which is difficult to overcome in editing.

Questions:
This is with AutoPilot?

Yes.

And Is that time lapse or just speeded up video?

Both. I knew I wanted to speed up the original footage to give a greater feeling of chaos on the ground objects, yet wanted the speed of the Inspire to seem natural. So I fly the missions @ 6mph and then speed them up 4x for a 24 mph feel.

And if Time Lapse, What settIngs for your P4P?

I shoot video, 30 FPS. I use my Inspire 1 for my construction progress videos. That just said, I just scored a gig for roof inspections, which are not going to be your traditional roof inspection videos. These are all apartment complexes. After sending a couple test videos, the owner decided he wants me to shoot them nadir @ roughly 6 mph. I will tweak the speed per his spec. These are huge complexes, so I've set the entire mess up as a waypoint mission for repeatability. Why am I telling you this? Because for the first time I've decided to use my P4P with Autopilot. Here's one of the missions. It's 1.1 miles long and @ 6 mph will take about 11 minutes to complete.

1591712410533.png

What’s the shortest interval for Raw Frames the P4p can shoot? Can it do every 2 sec?

I don't know. 2 seconds doesn't sound overly ambitious, but I've never used the P4P in that capacity.

Sorry for all the questions. Trying to get them all at once...

No worries. FWIW, for photos I use Map Pilot, but that's for mapping. These progress videos are a completely different animal.

D

Appreciate all the info. I like understanding the technical & equipment capabilities.
I do want to try AutoPilot though. Looks really great for holding POI orbits and smooth transitions. Does it work better than Go4 in that regard? I have POI drift problems with the P4P.

I wish I had enough paying Drone work to justify different drones for differ t applications- but can’t right now.
Have to work with what I have- P4P v2- which does a lot, but each platform has its limitations.
I asked about the time lapse because I want to do more of it- but actually not sure the P4p can even do 2 sec in RAW which is what I’d want. It may be 5 sec, which isn’t great.
I know the Mavic Pro 2 would be much better for that alone.

Each edit represents 2 weeks. I think there are 22 edits so 44 weeks. I have since finished this project and have switched from Sony Vegas Pro 13 to Adobe Premiere Pro. I was hoping to use a "morphing" tool, but the Premiere morphing utility is designed to be use with static subjects, specifically faces, and therefore didn't work very well with this project. So instead each edit is painstakingly aligned, which is hugely difficult and time-consuming due to the fact that the Inspire 1 doesn't exactly fly the exact same pattern every time. Even slight variances in altitude of geospace change the perspective, which is difficult to overcome in editing.

Yes.

Both. I knew I wanted to speed up the original footage to give a greater feeling of chaos on the ground objects, yet wanted the speed of the Inspire to seem natural. So I fly the missions @ 6mph and then speed them up 4x for a 24 mph feel.

I shoot video, 30 FPS. I use my Inspire 1 for my construction progress videos. That just said, I just scored a gig for roof inspections, which are not going to be your traditional roof inspection videos. These are all apartment complexes. After sending a couple test videos, the owner decided he wants me to shoot them nadir @ roughly 6 mph. I will tweak the speed per his spec. These are huge complexes, so I've set the entire mess up as a waypoint mission for repeatability. Why am I telling you this? Because for the first time I've decided to use my P4P with Autopilot. Here's one of the missions. It's 1.1 miles long and @ 6 mph will take about 11 minutes to complete.

View attachment 118995

I don't know. 2 seconds doesn't sound overly ambitious, but I've never used the P4P in that capacity.

No worries. FWIW, for photos I use Map Pilot, but that's for mapping. These progress videos are a completely different animal.

D

Wow, that roof inspection is a complex thing. I can see how AutoPilot (Or Litchi) would be hugely helpful in a precise pattern.
My background is primarily stills, but I need to up my Video game & am still very basic in my filing skills. I do it, but turn over raw footage to someone who knows how to edit...
Questions:
-How high above the roofs will you be? Are all the building basically same height or did you have to adjust altitudes on the waypoint mission?
-And at 6mph will he be able to freeze a frame to really examine an area for problems?
-Will that also be 1/60sec @ 30FPS or would you bump to 1/120sec @ 60FPS for sharpness?
-4K or 2.7k? File sizes must be huge...

Very much appreciate your time answering, if it becomes a pain, please let me know.
You are blessed with a lot more film worthy days in NM than I am I’m Chicago?. Jealous of that.

Wow, that roof inspection is a complex thing. I can see how AutoPilot (Or Litchi) would be hugely helpful in a precise pattern.

Honestly, without waypoints it would be nearly impossible to do, and very impossible to repeat. These inspections are going to be ongoing, 2 or 3 times/year.

My background is primarily stills, but I need to up my Video game & am still very basic in my filing skills.

I started off as an "artist," but I find my bread and butter are in mapping and construction progress. This roof inspection thing is a new gig. We'll see how it pans out.

I do it, but turn over raw footage to someone who knows how to edit...

It depends on the client. I've done everything from full production, which includes aerial, ground, audio, voice-over, scripting, editing, etc...essentially a "one man show," to just handing over raw footage. I actually enjoy the latter more. But, generally speaking, the paycheck is better for the former.

Questions:
-How high above the roofs will you be?

Depends on the width of the apartments. It's all a bunch of geometry. The apartments I cited are 36-42 feet tall, and roughly 70 feet wide. The P4P lens has an 84° FOV. Naturally I want the entire width of the roof to be in the shot. So given a roof elevation of 40 feet, loosely utilizing the Pythagorean theorem, I will need to be about 40' higher than the roof. But I want some wiggle room, so I built the entire mission @ 100'. I may tweak that once I start flying. I was going to fly test flights both yesterday and today, but it's just too windy this morning. Maybe later or tomorrow.

Are all the building basically same height or did you have to adjust altitudes on the waypoint mission?

They're basically the same height, but I may tweak each waypoint to fly a custom height per building. But honestly I'll probably just find a good general height and adjust the mission altitude globally.

-And at 6mph will he be able to freeze a frame to really examine an area for problems?

Absolutely. I'll be shooting about 1/2000 shutter speed. At that speed you can freeze a 60 mph car in its tracks. Each frame should be very sharp.

-Will that also be 1/60sec @ 30FPS or would you bump to 1/120sec @ 60FPS for sharpness?

1/60 @ 30FPS would be very tough to expose properly. In addition, the slow shutter speed would net some motion blur, which I absolutely do not want.

-4K or 2.7k? File sizes must be huge...

4K. The file sizes are pretty big...but not huge. This apartment complex will probably be a little more than 1GB.

Very much appreciate your time answering, if it becomes a pain, please let me know.
You are blessed with a lot more film worthy days in NM than I am I’m Chicago?. Jealous of that.

Yep...it's gorgeous out right now...and cool...like 60 degrees. I think I'm going to go mow my lawns.

D

Thanks again.
I was thinking "Video,- have to use 180º rule & slow shutter- forgot I can still shoot video & get 30FPS at 1/2000/sec for sharp stills. Have to retrain my brain for the specific application.

I will play with this soon. Chicago is slowly coming out of lockdown. We've missed a big chunk of our flying season already. Can't fly by the lake hardly at all- there are parks & beaches all along Chicago's lakefront for the length of the city - all have been closed since the pandemic.
And no real business to speak of past few months even away from the lake. Its been quite the bummer- for everyone on many levels, as I am sure it's been all over the country.
But I do appreciate the info.

Thanks again.
I was thinking "Video,- have to use 180º rule & slow shutter- forgot I can still shoot video & get 30FPS at 1/2000/sec for sharp stills. Have to retrain my brain for the specific application.

Yeah....the 180° rule is garbage in the forensics game. So is 24FPS for that matter. So is the rule of thirds, yada, yada.

I will play with this soon. Chicago is slowly coming out of lockdown. We've missed a big chunk of our flying season already. Can't fly by the lake hardly at all- there are parks & beaches all along Chicago's lakefront for the length of the city - all have been closed since the pandemic.
And no real business to speak of past few months even away from the lake. Its been quite the bummer- for everyone on many levels, as I am sure it's been all over the country.
But I do appreciate the info.

You bet.

D

"Yeah....the 180° rule is garbage in the forensics game. So is 24FPS for that matter. So is the rule of thirds, yada, yada. "
Difference between Art and Making A Living...
Sometimes they align, sometimes not.

Oh- I did verify the P4P interval minimums.
Best I can do with Raw files (Raw only) is 5sec, best with JPG only is 2 sec.

So if I want to do any kind of real Hyperlapse with decent drone movement, I'll have to tweak my JPG settings for best image I can get out of camera & do minimal post to keep the quality up.
Not saying you can't process JPGs, but I'm spoiled by what is possible with RAW files.

At least with DJI-Go4.
Wonder if any 3rd party software would get me Raw files at 2 sec?
Anyone know this? My guess is. not, that it's a limitation of the P4P.

Update on that. Found a couple YouTube vids showing using Raw files @ 5 sec interval & 2mph speed that we’re decent.

Reactions: Harleydude

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31