DJI GO App - System Status Bar definitions

Reaction score
Is there a comprehensive list of all the System Status Bar messages the DJI GO App can display and their meaning? The manual is sorely lacking. Here's a starter list:

Disconnected
No Signal
Image Transmission Signal Weak
Remote Controller Signal Weak

I am sure there are more. Seems that is is something that should have been included in the manual appendix.

Here's what I have ferreted out so far. Am I missing any?

Disconnected - Indicates that the DJI Go app has lost WiFi connectivity to the remote controller. Video Downlink Signal and Remote Controller Signal icons will show no bars. Screen will be greyed out.

No Signal - Indicates that the remote controller is no longer receiving WiFi (2.4Ghz) or RC Signals (5.8Ghz) from the AC. Video Downlink Signal and Remote Controller Signal icons and will show no bars.

Image Transmission Signal Weak - Indicates that the WiFi Video downlink (2.4Ghz) from the AC to remote controller is weak. Video Downlink Signal icon will be two bars or less and pilot could experience intermittent or frozen video feed.

Remote Controller Signal Weak - Indicates that the remote control signal (5.8Ghz) to the AC is weak. Remote Controller Signal icon will be two bars or less and typically red. Pilot could experience intermittent or frozen flight control of the AC.

RC Signal Lost
No Image Transmission Signal

IMU Error, please calibrate the IMU - Indicates the Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) is having an issue. Typically the IMU is having an issue determining what is straight and level which can result in the AC not flying true or gimbal tilt or both. Pilot should place AC on straight, level, vibration-free surface and conduct an IMU Calibration to reset the IMU.

Compass error, please move the aircraft or calibrate the compass - Indicates the AC is receiving abnormal compass readings. It is recommended that you power off the aircraft and re-calibrate the compass at a different location and then resume the flight.

Compass error, Exit P-GPS mode - This warning message indicates that the aircraft is drifting severely. Bring the aircraft to a higher altitude to acquire connections with enough GPS satellites when this warning message appears. The flight controller will automatically adjust the orientation of the aircraft in the midair to mitigate the drifts. The aircraft will switch back to P-GPS mode when the automatic adjustment is completed.

Low Power Warning

Low battery - Appears when battery level has hit the Low Battery Warning setting. Pilot will still have full control of AC. The AC will automatically return to Home Point if no action is taken after 10 seconds, but pilot can resume normal flight by tapping Return-to-Home (RTH) icon on DJI GO app or toggling the S1 switch

Low battery, aircraft landing - Appears when battery level has hit the Critical Battery Warning setting. AC initiates an auto landing sequence at it's present position. Pilot will have some limited vertical and horizontal manuverability but will not be able to cancel descent.

Safe to Fly (GPS)
Safe to Fly (Non-GPS)

MC Data Error - Typically an indication that there is an issue with the internal SD card that the AC flight data log is written to e.g. either SD card is full or corrupted. Pilot should land the craft at the earliest convenience to avoid no logging and power cycle the AC to free up space. Error does not impact ability to fly AC but no log data will be recorded until the issue is addressed.

Battery Error, please check

Gimbal motor overloaded - Typically indicates that the gimbal motors are sensing something that is preventing the free travel of the gimbal. Can be an obstruction on the ground, e.g. tall grass, etc. or could be a broken damper holding the gimbal to the AC while in flight. Error does not affect ability to fly the AC but could impact ability to control gimbal.

Signal lost, aircraft going home

Last edited:
What does it mean if after take off your status bar in DJI Go goes from Green to Yellow and says "in-flight' ??
P3A, using Android tablet and it was windy.

Last edited:
Compass error move aircraft - this could be due to being near metal which in this case move the aircraft somewhere else and it should be OK. No need to recalibrate if moving stopped the error.

Low Battery - there's a difference between low battery warning, which is just a warning, versus RTH due to triggered smart RTH where it returns home after reaching a battery level it calculates is near the level it needs to make it back home. This could be before or after battery low warning depending how far away it is.

The signal level/disconnected is different for a P3A/P so I can't speak in regards to an S. For P/A, disconnected means the phone and RC are not communicating. This can occur regardless if the AC and RC are connected or not. The RC has an LED to show if it has a lock on the AC or not. Again, my comment on this is with an A or P.

What does it mean if after take off your status bar in DJI Go goes from Green to Yellow and says "in-flight' ??
P3A, using Android tablet and it was windy.
Probably low GPS signal. Could be other reasons it is yellow.
Being in a cautionary location, say near enough to an airport might make it yellow. I'll pay attention next time.

Being in a cautionary location, say near enough to an airport might make it yellow. I'll pay attention next time.
It happened last weekend. Flying in my back yard same place I fly all the time. Maybe it was atmospheric conditions?
I would test it right now but its 24 ' with a wind speed of 25 mph.

I think it's a sat count as the colours match up on healthy drones
1488663692712.png

I tried using my Samsung S5 and it does the same yellow bar thing. Its defiantly an android thing. I am about 2.7 miles away from a very small airport. They told me I'm fine as long as I stay over 2 miles and under 400 ft. But the Android doesn't know that. I need to take it to a place far away from an airport to see what happens.

I also noticed for the first time System Status alert saying "In Flight". It displayed only a few seconds but occurred twice over 30 minutes of flying. (Two batteries worth of fly time, just in case your shaking your head- LOL)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31